Mercury Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Craft

Reaction score
Anybody buy a new Mercury and was told it had a Full 5 Year warranty? I did. Today I receive a letter from Mercury wanting me to upgrade from a Gold to a Platinum warranty. I called the dealer I bought it from and phone number has been disconnected.Imagine that! So I called Mercury and ask about my 5 yr. warranty. She said it is fully covered for 3yrs and 2yrs extended warrant for mechanical problems but not for anything electrical problems after the first 3 yrs. I explained that the dealer lead me to believe it was full 5yrs. She said she could not control what the dealer said. Oh well, life goes on :wacko:

I bought a new Z7 in 2010 and was told that It has a 150 optimax and I was told it had full 5 year warranty on it. I guess I better go to Bass Pro and find Out the Details. Thanks for the information

I had to pay extra for the years 4 and 5,then extra yet again,to upgrade grom gold to platnum,I was not misled on my merc warrenty,but I was certainly misled on the warrenty I got with the new Etech I put on my previous boat,dont trust BRP,my pro XS is a bit louder,but is stronger,and gets excellent fuel economy,all the hype aside,I like my merc,over the Etech,ive had both.

Back