Mercedes SUV or Nissan Pathfinder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Which SUV do you think would sell faster a loaded 2003 Mercedes ML350 or a loaded 2004 Nissan Pathfinder? Both cars now have new body styles out. The Mercedes would run about 30K if I sold it cheap and the Nissan would be 23-24K. One of them has to go in the next few months.

I like the Nissan actually more than the Mercedes if you believe that. The Mercedes is flashy but for what I like to do the Nissan is awesome. I drive it thru mud and crud and I don't care. I've had the Mercedes advertised and it's really not had alot of interest.

No comments from the peanut gallery about my bad car buying habits....at least I always buy them used. 5 cars in 5 years aint too bad. :) I just need to get rid of one.

Teri - Have you checked Kelly Blue Book for retail and trade in values? Also you can check carmax.com and search their inventory to see which they have MORE of as an indicator.

Personaly I'd think the Benz would sell quicker/better.

Also, if you have a Carmax w/in driving distance and you get ichy to sell it, they will pay you CASH for it, regardless if you buy a car from them or are even looking. We've sold 4 cars in 7 years to them and came out great. You do loose a few 100 vs selling outright, but no slimely folks comming to your house, no one trying to pass you bad checks, no one knowing where you live....

Trep, I know the values of both cars. I bought the Pathfinder cheap! Trade in money I would lose on either car but private party value is what I am looking at. I would think Carmax would only pay Trade in rated at "good" condition. Am I wrong?

The Benz is pricey (I think) for what you can buy today. You can get alot of new SUV's for 30K. The Benz is warrantied thru 100K so that helps but I still think people would rather buy new if they are going to spend 30K.

I have also checked out the market within about 200 miles of me and there is not alot of either car sitting around. There are Pathfinders but most are 2WD. People dont want those. The ML320's are around here and there but my ML350 is a special edition and I have yet to see one in these parts.

From what I've heard, the Benz is a gas guzzler. That may slow the interest, but then again, anyone who can afford a Mercedes SUV can swing the gas. And that may also be a factor/incentive for you to move it before the Nissan. Not too mention the Nissan will be much cheaper to fix down the road when things begin to go wrong.

And since you like the Nissan more, I'd say definately dump the Benz. You already have interest in it.

Teri - Yes Carmax would pay the trade-in value, so as long as you are OK with the selling personaly go for it. I'm just concerned for a good looking single lady having potentialy slimey dudes comming to your place to look at the car. And YES there are some slimey people even looking at a $30k SUV, and might also look at stealing or scoping out possible theft in the future. Not scaring you, but just giving you my view if I was your dad or older brother!

Hey Trep, I don't call you names :). Have you looked at her? I suspect she could kick my rear end anyway. She looks tough.

Snow - I not only looked at her, I MET her, Hugged Her and drank Beer with her last April!!! LOL I just MISSED her hanging her tush overboard in the bananaboat!!!! BWWWAAAAA

Just looking out for our sister who's gone to the dark side!!! LOL

Trepper and Snowball calling each other names! :eek:

This thread could get to be real fun!! :lol::lol:

Just keep it clean now, Gentlemen! :rolleyes:

I don't think snowman could come up with ANY names i've not already been called!!!

Back