Merc plugs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
What kind of plugs do i need to get for my Merc XR6 150?

Its starting a little slow and back in March (yes march) when i ran it a lot it ran kinda funny.

Wednesday was the first time i've really had the nitro out since the end of march...

It had a little trouble starting. Over the winter i put Sta-bil and did all the normal stuff for the winter. I remember i wasnt paying attention and put enough stabil in the tank for 65 gallons of gas in my 40 gallon tank. I'm sure i just fouled the plugs.

BJ

THANKS!!!!!!

how much do they cost? do i just run to bps and grab 6?

Is Lonnie the guy who works at the desk, if so, he seems like a great guy. He's very knowledgable and has always answered my questions (props to OKC BPS Tracker Service Center).

Yeah, Lonnie is the dark haired kid that is at the parts counter. I think he was just a helper at the old Tracker Marine but I think he's like the parts manager at BPS. If he's not there just give up and come back another day.

Have you noticed that Norris Marine on I-35 in Norman is now a Tracker dealer?

Harpo

Yes its been like that for a few months now. There were two Nitro Dealers at the Boat show.

Norris is a GREAT place. When i had my ranger i used them for my evinrude. I may start using them now for my Nitro/Merc stuff.

BJ

Hang on to your hat when they tell you the price BJ. I payed $54.00 for mine.:huh:

Didn't I see somebody here saying that you can get the exact same plugs at an auto parts store for much less? I would check around with auto and motorcycle parts dealers just to see.

Harpo

Yes ....Advance Auto orederd for me at a lot cheaper price:D

Mercury parts express showed $13.09 for the NGK's for my 115. I bought the same exact NGK plug at O'Reilly's for $5.49 each. They did have to get them from their warehouse, but it only took one day. Worth the wait to me to save $7.60 on each plug.

Larry

I ordered them from advanced last week for $5.98 ea. You can get other plugs for less, but they don't perform as well.

Gene

Back