Memphis - BPS Boat Sales

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Lewis

Reaction score
I had to take a minute and talk about my dealer.

Bought my Avalanche on 5/23/03, picked it up on 5/24/03. This was Memorial Day weekend, you can imagine how busy they were, but they stayed until they got my boat done so I could enjoy it on Memorial weekend.

Leaving soon on vacation so I decided I would grease my wheel bearings. Pulled the cap on the left side to find no rubber plug. Trailer has been in the water probably 12-15 times since I brought it home. Decided if I could get one locally I would just pick one up. Cannot find one anywhere. Call my dealer Memphis - BPS and the manager asks have I talked to his parts guy. I said No. He switches me to the parts man told him what I needed, why I needed and that I needed it soon (vacation), he said no problem.

Guess what it arrives the next day UPS.

I had to write this because very few give customer service like this. I don't know if any of you guys at Memphis are on this board, but if you are Thanks and Good Job.

Scott G. - Boat Sales Manager

Shane - Salesman

Jeremy - Parts

They are here.....Good job guys. I'll add that Craig in Auburn Hills will do everything in his power to hook you up also.

TOXIC

BPS in Dallas carries them in stock. If you've got the trailer buddy bearings, with that rubber cap the size of a quarter, fill up the offending wheel and push all the old grease (and water) out. Now, clean a little of the grease out of the cap, to give you an air void in there. Put the cap on, then push in the center as you use a key or something to push in one of the edges, so you can "burp" the air out. You see, what probably happened is the wheel heats up the grease, which expands, pushing the cap partly off. As you're driving down the road, air catches it and POOF!. Now, if the rubber isn't sealing right (because of the expansion pushing a piece of it out), when you dunk the wheels in 80 degree water, when the outside temp is 100, the wheels cool off, and the grease contracts, forming suction... water comes in...

Nitro Bearings 101 dismissed :)

Bass Pro Shops/ Tracker Marine / Aug 6th, 2003

We just bought a new 2003 Bass Tracker Panfisher 16 from Bass Pro Shop located in Hanover, MD and they were great!!! Real Pros. Bought it on Sat morning June 26, and picked it up one week later, as promised!Hard to find a better group of men and women.

Been on the upper Potomac once and plan to go many times.

Thanks to BPS, Tracker Marine,

Don and Lesley Burns

Welcome Don,

Look me up when you are in the BPS Baltimore store. I do a lot of tank demonstrations and seminars there.

Scott Hammer (TOXIC)

Fishin With Teddy Carr

Yep Don,

Tox is the tank King :)Plus he does know what he is talking about for the Area.

Carlos

HA,HA Carlos....That dang bubblegum senko!! I might be switching my affiliation to the new BPS that is scheduled to open in Hampton, VA. We'll see. I might be their first employee before the store even opens...LOL.

TOXIC

Tox,

Man that is good news, I hope that works out for you!!! Make sure when you do the bubblegum senko there you let me know so we can come and watch!!!!

Carlos

PS Need a lackey :)

I think Tracker sales people and the dealers are staring to see the errors of their OLD ways... Good to hear!

TEE

Arnold Brown is the service manager there. He does a great job. Really cares about his customers and is very knowledgeable. He's bailed me out more then once.

Craig

Latest posts

Back