Marine Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Hayes

Reaction score
It's getting close to the time to replace a few of my batteries in the boat.

What do you guys think the best marine batteries on the market are?

Really depends on what you want to spend:D

Interstate or Everstart aren't bad for the money.

Best on the market? Trojan or Optima.

Whats in my boat? Everstarts.

Dang Mini...here we go again postin' at the same time:lol::p:lol:

Great minds think alike ......eh?:wacko::unsure::wacko:

I recently went away from Everstarts. They started to drain too quickly (less than 12 months old). Even with a Stealth charger, I lost a lot of power during the day. Walmart refused to replace them. Their mechanics tested the batteries and stated they were good. I refused to take them back and got my core charge refunded.

If you spend a large amount of time on the water, invest in some good batteries. Optima batteries are a bit pricey but Interstates are work just fine.

Optima, I've run the same set of blue tops for my trolling motor for six years at fairly heavy use.

HP

i got 4 yrs out of the first set of everstarts, i did however change over to trojans for the trolling motor when the origonals would not hold a charge for teh hole day. I still use an everstart for cranking.

GregD

I used to think the Interstates were good until I went through 3 in 3 seasons. Kinda soured me on them. JimB will be along and let everybody know that Trojans are the one and only:lol::lol: (JK Jimbo!!). I have 2 Everstarts for the trollers (just replaced this year after 4 years of HEAVY use) and an AC Delco (Thanks CIII) that I have had for 2 years I think. Did make me mad that the Everstarts went from 210 reserve to 185. I do notice the difference with the 185's. Something to not overlook is a QUALITY charger. A charger that does not fully charge and maintain your batts will shorten the life of them considerably.

TOXIC

i think the new agm batteries are the best on the market, the optimas are good but the design of the cores sucks. get some good square agm,s and you will never look back.

mike c

Lol Tox, You right tho..... Trojans are all that i will use :D Ran one set for what seems like forever in the old boat, new boat got brand new SCS's before its even hit the water.

Im sure Glenn will be along to echo my sentiments too.

Personally I like to use the AC Delco Marine batteries, they were $100 for each when I bought mine back in 2000 and worked great till they were mistakenly replaced due to a faulty trolling motor in 2004. Ever since then, I've had the Wal-Mart Maxx batteries and have had no issues either.

AC Delcos have always been good to me. I've had numerous problems with Interstates through the years (boating, auto racing, back-up sump pump) and since I switched to AC Delcos my problems are gone.

I just replaced a Delco voyager that was 19 yrs. old. I know it's hard to believe but, it's true. If my new battery lasts half as long, I'll be happy.

TROJAN MAN!!!:lol::lol::lol:

You won't find a battery in my battery compartment that isn't maroon in color (Trojans). All I use are Trojans, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Best marine battery there is, bar none.

P.S. - Search around. You will come across my post regarding lead acid / Gel / AGM's, on a long discussion of batteries, somewhere on this site.

All the best,

Glenn

I had the Interstates that came with the PT175 I bought in 10/04 and they were still holding a charge and working well when I sold the boat recently. When I ordered the 16' Lowe Roughneck it came with two Deka Marine batts. I fish electric-only waters now, and the Deka's seem to hold up real well fishing a 460 acre lake for 3-5 hours, alternating between 2 tm's (1 front, 1 rear) and a depth finder. TM's are rigged 1 per battery, with the front getting more use than the rear.

I've used AC Delcos for about 4 years now and like them. Didn't have good luck with Interstates.

Latest posts

Back