Maiden Voyage On New 591

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
I picked the new 591 up Saturday. The weather was so abysmal that we didn't even consider taking it out. So it's first launch was yesterday. WOW!! What a difference a 100 horsepower makes. Going from a 50 hp to a 150 is dramatic to say the least. I've got a lot of learning to do, I can see that now. All we did was drive around on our local city lake...about 3 miles from one end to the other so you can imagine how many runs we made back and forth just trying to clock the required break in miles. It was windy and even though it was 61 degrees the wind off of the 40 degree water was chilly. I was happy to see that the boat jumps right up on plane without a struggle. I can see that I'm going to want a Hot Foot with a turn signal type of T&T switch and hydraulic steering asap...I'm regretting not having them added to the boat.

I'll be asking a lot of questions about driving techniques so be prepared. My salesman is going to take me out sometime this week and hopefully he will teach me a few things.

newboat3.jpg

new boat 5.jpg

firstdayboat 1.jpg

This is my son, Andy. The way we're dressed you would think it's 20 degrees.

newboat 4.jpg

You couldn't slap the smile off my face. :D

Harpo

Looks great and congrats.

I know the stupid smile look. Been there myself many times!

Get those extras added on and have fun with it!

Randy!:D

Sleek looking ride.

Seat time. You will simply need seat time in the boat to learn all the in's and out's. Take it slow. The biggest thing will be obviously - pay attention. Things move a lost faster with a 150.

Enjoy.

Tex

Nice boat - interested in hearing more about that style and how it compares to an 882

now get a nice weekend and christen her with some fish slime:wub:

You'll love getting the hot foot and tilt/trim on the wheel

Clean looking boat!! Now make sure you buy a gallon of Bass Boat Saver, it's the shnizzle for keeping her clean, waxed, and UV protected. Do it now before you forget, it'll be the only juice you use on her.

TOXIC

Thanks, everybody.

Toxic, you made me think of my first question...What kind of protection to put on it. A friend reccomended 3M 303. I don't know one from the other....never had to wax the Tracker.

ALSO...is there any kind of NTOWS brother-in-law deal for a Keelshield? I'd like to get one of those on right away.

Harpo

Sweet looking ride.. you are going to be jacked up for a while...

:D

Sharp looking boat! I've been staring at it for the past few days as it was being rigged. The hotfoot and Protrim is awesome.

The high is 70 today but 30 mph winds....i'm sick and tired of this wind...Beautiful day to fish if it wasnt so windy!!!

I'll check for you Harpo. What color?

Get the Bass Boat Saver. It'll do what 303 does plus a lot more. You can use it on your seats also.

TOXIC

Black...I'd be happy to provide pictures and a testimonial. :)

Thanks

Harpo

I use something called No Wax Finish on my 929 and it is the best thing since sliced bread. It's some kind of sealer. I don't even need to use soap on it when cleaning...just a wet rag and it's ready to go. Did mine 2 years ago and it still wipes clean...even the bugs.. no stain line from muddy water. Just wipe it clean when u load it up and it's ready to go. Check it out @ www.NoWaxFinish.com Oh yea my boat looks as good as the day i bought it.

RW

Very nice boat. I looked hard at those 591s before I ended up with my Triton. You will love the Hotfoot and Protrim. I would never go back. As for gelcoat protection, I use Meguiers Premium Marine wax, that's the expensive one in the black bottle. That goes on once a year. Then as everyone else says, BBS wipedown after every trip. Scumlines and bug spots just wipe right off.

Congrats again,

NoCAL

Very sharp looking boat...

And you need to edit your profile.... to reflect your new ride...

WOW that thing looks so SLEEK and FAST just sitting on the trailer!!!!

Great looking boat Harpo!! EnjoY!

Trep

Sweet looking rig Harpo.. Enjoy the boat as you can't enjoy the basketball being played in your state right now.:lol::lol:

Buzz

Harpo - Glad to see you are going with the KeelShield. PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE don't let Toxic install it for you and then take pictures of him under the boat. Once is enough and no one should be subjected to that sight, EVER again! LOL

Buzz, you're right about that...it is a tough year for hoops in Oklahoma. Actually I'm sort of proud of how good my Sooners are doing considering that they had two or three top HS players decline to come to OU after Sampson left and the one big time freshman tore an ACL before conferance play. I'm also very pleased with our new coach, Jeff Cappel. He is doing a hellava job with what little talent he has. We've got Texas and Kansas at home and Mo and K State on the road if we can steal a win or two there and then do well in the Big 12 Tournament (which is in OKC this year) they just might make it to the Big Dance baaaaaabyyyy !!!

I am enjoying watching the meltdown in Stillwater. They started the season out in the top 10 and have steadily gone down since. Suck on that one Boone.

I love college sports :D:wub:

Harpo

Back