Mad Man Craw Tubes/ Yum Crawbug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
Does anyone fish this type of lure ? If so, how do you rig tnem ? I have tried several ways to rig them and am not real happy with any of them. I like the way they look in the water and the smallies should really go nuts over these things. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Sorry wrong category !

I bought some Mad Man Craw Tubes when they first came out.... YEARS AGO. If you can figure out a good way to rig them, let me know too... please! The best way that I've found so far is with a 1/0 Mustad Ultra Lock hook on the small ones, 2/0 on the bigger ones - and use a tube weight inside of it.

All the best,

Glenn

Slide a jighead inside if fishing open water with little cover. Anything else, I carolina rig em with a EWG.

Like Glenn, I tried them in all kinds of rigs but with little sucess and they soon moved to the bottom of the soft plastics sack. I guess the best thing I found to do with them is use them as jig trailers. Funny how they look so realistic but don't catch bass as good as a Salt Craw or Guido Bug which is just the rough shape of a crawdad.

My buddy fishes the Yum crawbugs. He T-rigs from the tail. He's not much into bass fishing so frogs and 'dads is all he fishes. He seems to do well on them. I can't get bit on em though.

NoCAL

Latest posts

Back