MAC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg. Avery

Reaction score
Mac any deals that I don't know about on a Silverado. I might be in the market for one. My

truck is having trans problem's :( & it might be better to get a new truck.:rolleyes:

They just announced another $1000-2000 rebate on a bunch of models and a 6mo. pull-ahead on leases!! I'm going to be looking for something new very soon too...my Silverado is getting very close to max mileage and the pull ahead window will get me out of it!! I'm stoked....I'll be calling my dealer this week also!! I'll post more info as I hear it!!

It's a good time to get some new wheels Greg......your timing is perfect!!;)

Thanks for supporting GM!!

Mac

BTW,...it's looking more and more like GM and Chrysler may merge!! Of course, I'm just going by what's in the papers, 'cuz our mgt won't tell us squat!! (infact,..some still deny they're even talking..I guess they don't read or listen to ANYTHING...anyway,..from what I've gathered,..if it happens, it's because: 1. GM wants to get out of the financing business (GMAC) and 2. Cerberus wants to get out of the Auto business entirely, so,...GM would sell their remaining 49% of GMAC (plus whatever else, stock maybe?) to Cerberus and GM would get Chrysler. THEN,..GM would "probably" discontinue all of the Chrysler cars, SUV's and Trucks! They'd "probably" continue to build and expand the Jeep brand and the Mini-Vans.

NET RESULT: GM would then have close to 39% market share and eliminate a competitor. Plus, they'd have several more fully modernized plants. BUT,..all of that, at what cost??? I have no idea,....all I know is it would mean a lot more people losing jobs and even more "uncertainty" as if we don't have enough of that now!! PLUS,..the UAW has already stated they're totally against any kind of merger, and we all know that's only because it'll mean the loss of more dues paying members. We'll just have to wait and see what the media tells us,....'cuz our mgt won't say squat until the deal is done...but that doesn't surprise me either...they seem to still be living in their own little world of "denial."

Stay tuned....:huh:

Greg,...the current offers expire Nov. 3rd,..so don't delay to long!!;)

* $1,000 bonus cash is available on 2008/2009 Chevy Avalanche,

Malibu, Silverado 1500 Ext/Crew Cab, Silverado HD, Traverse;

Buick Enclave; GMC Acadia, Sierra 1500 Ext/Crew Cab, Sierra HD;

Saturn OUTLOOK; HUMMER H3; Cadillac CTS (excluding 2009 CTS-V).

$2,000 bonus cash is available on 2008/2009 Chevy Impala,

Silverado 1500 Reg. Cab; Buick Lucerne; Pontiac G6; GMC Sierra

1500 Reg. Cab; Saturn AURA; HUMMER H2; Saab 9-7X; Cadillac

Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT. Take retail delivery by

11/3/08. See dealer for details.

** Lease Pull Ahead for current GMAC SmartLeases with contracts

ending before 6/30/09. Must return vehicle and take delivery of

an eligible new GM vehicle by 11/3/08. Excess mileage and wear

charges apply. See dealer for details.

Only one problem right now with GM. My cousin tried to get a silvy(2008)GM would not give him a loan now somethin about invoice price(above?) credit score of over 700 and somethin elese which I can't remember, but anyway, they wouldn't give him a loan and hes credit in the low 700's, but they were sayin cuz of the price of the vehicle????? Anyway he bought a F150 lariat crew, was a chevy dude forever. I'm not tryin to start anything, cuz I too am chevy all the way, not sure if this is legit or if GM is doing what he said they are, he still could have bought it but would have had to go back and get approved through a bank ect, and didn't want the hassel

GMAC is trying to get out of the auto and home financing business, and doing so they are lending less money to higher risk candidates. Currently, in order to get a loan from GMAC, they require a credit score of 770 or higher. This policy is NEW and is a result of the financial crisis we're ALL facing now, due to failed loans, mortgages, banks and lending institutions in general. It's NOT GM's fault...it's the result of underqualified people being given carte blanche and then dropping the ball....ultimately WE all pay for that!! However, GM dealers will be working with a multitude of lenders who will be able to finance virtually any borrower, and really the only thing that will change is the interest rates and length of the loan...so it will PAY, as a borrower, to shop around and arrange your own financing. Luckily, my credit score is high enough to qualify for GMAC financing, including zero down,...but before I sign ANY deals..I'll also be checking with my credit union to see if they can do any better. Times are changing for EVERYONE now,...and so are the rules,..and we're going to see this with every dealer and every mfgr. Blame it on the slackers,...NOT the mfgr's!!;)

I agree, and I also have no worries mac, when we bought the equinox my credit was 782, I was alittle suprised:lol: anyway, by his credit score he still scores in the non risk category, but he said they said it wasn't his credit that was an issue it was the price of the vehicle, and offered no other means of getting a loan, that was odd, and thats why he left. As for me, still lookin at gettin a tahoe come spring, and keepin my current 01 silvy with 110K on it, mainly cuz I won't get anything for it, and still need a truck

You're golden,...with 782 they'll let you buy the DEALERSHIP!! LOL.

Deals are going to get sweeter too as more 2009's arrive and the dealers need space to put them,.....the real question is how long do ya wait?? LOL...know what I mean?? I just talked to my dealer babe this a.m. and I'm going to go look at Silverado's at 4:00pm today. She told me with the current incentives and the new rebates just announced, the 2 mos. I would still owe (turning in 6mos, early) are more than a wash and I'll still have extra $$ to work with! I'm looking to BUY this time too vs. lease, so she said she'll be able to get me a SWEET deal. I'm stoked now.....I just gotta make sure I get a short box, so my tonneau cover fits!!:lol:;)

I just rolled over 70k on my 2004 and she's as good as the day I bought her. I am very happy with the truck. I get the urge for a new one but as with boats and trucks, if ya get a goodun' ya want to hold on to it!!:wub:

TOXIC

These are very scary times at the Smith house. My wife is a Chrysler supplier (advertising)..if this merger takes place and Chrysler gets eliminated, my wife is unemployed..from what she has heard, there is more than likely going to be a merger..but not with GM..according to her "sources" the media is being fed false information while another deal is taking place...but who really knows. It amazes me what the media DOES'NT get right, I get so weary of their irresponsible speculation.

Consider the fact that Chrysler just signed a deal with Nissan to design and build their full size trucks in exchange for a design and build of several compact cars from Nissan. In addition to that, Chrysler has hired several well known Toyota auto execs who are VERY familiar with the asian auto business.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it pans out. I'm praying it's not GM (no knock on them), I just don't see that scenario benifitting anyone in the long run.

On a happier note..she brought a Charger SRT-8 home over the weekend..MY GOD..awesome car..I believe I went through a set of tires on it. Drove it like I stole it all weekend..

I LIKE those Charger's...cool cars!! I've been reading about a possible Chrysler/Nissan/Fiat merger too. Like you say, Smitty,..who knows what's going on?! The media is so fulla cocka most of the time.....I wouldn't doubt in the least if they're being fed BS just so GM can find out who the Leaky RAT is on the inside!!..LOL!!!! I sure don't want to hear about your wife getting laid-off either,.....but on the other hand, she could end up in a BETTER job if there is a merger...they will cherry-pick the best of the best!! I'd just like to see some damn stability for awhile in this whole business....I'm sick and tired of lay-off's and uncertainty across the board....it doesn't bode well with my ability to RELAX!!! LOL

Whoops..It was a Challenger SRT-8..I was calling it a Charger all weekend...!

That is a scenario she's hoping for Mac..she has alot of connections with the GM Ad folks..We hope that's the worst case scenario if the merger does occur...

Oh..and also that they keep the Challenger in production..!! What a ride..!

I still want to do a ride-along with you sometime.......let's go under-cover one night in one of those...........or a 'vette!!! LOL!!! I got my CCW now too, so if you wanna go plinking sometime let me know,.....I need to get some more practice in!!! Was going to shoot upnorth this past weekend but went golfing instead. I don't like to go shoot by myself..it's boring...would much rather go with a buddy, so if you're avail...holler!!;)

Smitty - Those Challengers are SWEET looking cars! I'm just getting used to my Magnum R/T, 340HP is a HUGE amount for even this heavy car and even with the ESP is very easy to light up the rear tires!! I could not imagine the SRT8 in the much lighter Challenger with 425HP!!

Hey Trep

Anything bigger than a rickshaw is gonna seem like a sweet ride to you.LOL:lol:

fatrap

Sorry I couldn't resist that.

Greg,...GREAT NEWS,.....I can give you (and one other person) the employee discount on a new Silverado if you buy one SOON!! Just got the notice this morning..employees can give (2) family or friends an employee discount.....when I went to the dealer a couple of days ago, between my employee discount and all of the other rebates etc...the discounts totalled $9500 OFF!!! I'm going back Thursday p.m. to do some additional haggling and looking. Let me know if you want me to hook you up.:cool:

Mac

3000.gif

Why is it the first and only post I read and its titled "MAC":wub:

There is something wrong with this economy if I am afraid to go purchase a new car....for those of you who know me, that will be funny. Just survived a round of layoffs at my company. Who knows when the next one is coming. If I was in the auto industry, I would be very worried. If I won't buy, LOTS of people won't buy. No merger is going to help that.

Trep bought a WAGON!!! Why am I not surprised :D You IBM folks must be making the cash because who can afford gas for those things.

Is it May yet? I am ready to stick some toads!

Hi Teri!! Good to see you pop-in for a few!! I just heard on the radio this a.m. that GM actually "surpassed" their goal of getting 5,000 "voluntary retirements" by Nov. 1st. BUT,..they also said MORE are coming...and even tho they didn't use the word "involuntary", that's all that's left!!! They STILL have not addressed the "slackers" here....there's still a bunch left!! LOT's of nasty rumors about an announcement coming on Nov. 3rd that will rock our world....I was told "It will stick with you like 9/11"...YIKES!! Who knows tho...I'm not even going to speculate on what that could be!! Anyway,....go buy/lease that new ride!! I just signed the papers lastnight for a new 2008 Silverado.....I pick it up Monday p.m. It's NIICE!! Got $9500 off with all the incentives, and got out of my current lease 6 mos. early! Love it! I can get you an employee discount too if you buy/lease before Nov. 1st......BIG savings there!

I can't wait for the next MVM too...it's in the planning stages now,...we'll keep u posted! Gotta run....keep in touch!!:wub:

Mac

Hey Teri...I'll be at Dale next week. Well actually me Kim and Dad;)

You need some of that good ol' draggin' shiners and drinkin' beer to cure all your need to "stick them toads"!

We stick ours deep at this time...40 to 60 feet:eek:

BTW Mac...think a Silvy with a modded Hemi will be in your future?:lol:

TEE,...If GM merges with Chrysler,...I doubt we'd see very much product merging at all. They'd probably keep the JEEP brand and Mini-Van products intact, along with those vehicles' plants,...and discontinue the rest over time,..especially the cars and Ram's.

Strictly my opinion tho...but they gotta take millions of vehicles OUT of the market,...we don't have the demand anymore......gotta make supply = demand, and right now, the problem with ALL of the mfgr's is too much supply!!:(

MAC I heard they were going to get chrysler. We will know for sure soon...I also heard Jeep would be kept..They are also pinning hopes on the Camero...Alot of Interest In that one..I will have me a convertable..

I will say I get 13 mile to the gallon with this Pontiac,Glad gas Is down, that 93 octane Is killing me but It's fast really fast, So far 140 It has a darn govenor. Now for the computor upgrade(dealer said It would not void the warranty) Now how fast will It go.....I like the car,But It's not a convertable..

JR:)

JR,....I heard there's a new Camaro in our building down by the cafeteria...I haven't seen it yet, but I'll take a stroll down there today and sit in it and check it out!!;)

Mac, I don't know what I would buy if I went to buy something. I really like the BMW X3 that I have. It was cheap believe it or not, 04 with 30k miles and I couldn't replace it for the cost of a new suv or truck. It gets about the best gas mileage I've ever had in an suv. At 70mph, I get about 22-23mpg. Just drove it to Nebraska and back and it's nice to drive. Towing kind of sucks but I haven't gone anywhere other than my cabin in Indiana and I've only been there 3 times this year. Trying to sell it. So, if I am going to the local lakes, no need to have a huge tow vehicle. At times, I would like a truck but really have no need. Getting smarter in my old age about trading cars....knock on wood.;)

Let me know what dates you are looking at for May. My mother wants me to go with her to Minnesota for a week of walleye fishing in May. I told her my Michigan trip takes priority.

Tee, I still want to fish with you although I wouldn't begin to know how to fish at 40 feet. I was trying in 20 feet last weekend and sucked. Fish everywhere on the screen and I couldn't get one to bite. Bassturds!:D

Toxic, you've heard my mouth. Most of what comes out isn't sweet.....unless it's a 4lb smallie and then it's SS-WW-EE-EE-TTTTTTTT !:p

The Camero is a beautiful car..but one car is not going to save a company..!!

A Chrysler/GM merger would be a disaster..GM wants Chryslers money, but as quickly as GM is burning through cash it will only be a temporary stop gap..all at the expense of 30,000 Chrysler employees losing their jobs (and lets not forget suppliers and service providers) and devastating an already severely damaged Michigan. Downsizing, eliminating models and forming alliances is the least bitter pill to swallow I'm afraid. I'm REALLY pulling for a Nissan/Chrysler alliance in this giant rumor mill. I grew up in a Chrysler family (my late dad retired from there after 37 years)and my wife is currently a service supplier for them. Losing Chrysler would devastate my household right when we are getting ready to put our kids in college. These are scary times for Chrysler AND GM families...For once I'm glad I didn't listen to my Dad's advice and instead decided on a career path that doesn't involve the automotive industry.

Amen to THAT Smitty!! There's a TON of rumors flying around here now....there's "supposed" to be an announcement one week from TODAY that they say will "stick with us like 9/11" :blink:.....now WTF could be THAT bad?! I still get totally P-O'd at our mgt here...they either DON'T tell us anything or they DENY all rumors (understandable), BUT,....I go home Friday after work and what do I hear on the NEWS?? "GM is shutting down for an additional week in Dec. and considering an additional 2 weeks"....(this of course is UNPAID!!!)..WTF?..and that very same day in the morning, I asked my former Supvr about it(it was a "rumor" at work) and he denied any such thing.....sooooooo typical!!! I hear MORE about GM on the news than I'll ever hear here!!

Who knows,...this whole industry is a cluster right now...and a merger would only put additional THOUSANDS out of work. IF I survive this next round of cuts...supposed to be 15% MORE by years end, (it will be a miracle if I do)..I will finally consider myself "somewhat valuable" LOL.;) Both of my kids were home from school this weekend and I told'em both...."Be prepaired for a VERY LEAN Christmas this year....if I still have a job, I will be MORE than grateful and BOTH of you should be happy with THAT!!",:blink::wacko:....fortunately for us we have 2 very level-headed unselfish kids and they both said, "Can we still have warm cinnamon rolls and irish coffee's for Breakfast Xmas morning???!":wub: I'd sell a couple rods to make sure they got THAT!!;)

I feel for you Mac..My father-in-law was just offered a "package" last week from GM, he's mulling it over, but I believe he will be turning it down.

We had the same discussion with our kids, they don't quite understand everything that's happening, but they get a sense of the seriousness of things based on our reactions to everything thats happening, even though we try to shield them from most of our worries at the moment.

My wife got a similar speech from her company CEO..The ominous "We will be fine" speech, only to have a project she has been working on for months (Durango/Aspen Hybrid launch) shut down 2 hours after the "positive message", becuase Chrysler is stopping production and closing down that plant. She's updating her resume, but hoping she won't need to use it.

I on the other hand, have watched my retirement fund disinegrate and am looking at the harsh reality of working another 5 to 7 years JUST TO MAKE UP WHAT I LOST...! It's very sad indeed..My wife and I were just talking over the summer about all the things we wanted to do in retirement..in a little over a month, that discussion got altered DRASTICALLY.

Tellem if he can even remotely afford it,..to highly consider it. another "rumor" floating around here is: If you've already been asked/offered,..you will be asked again and HIGHLY encouraged to take it,....cuz the next time around it could be: "You're DONE,..seeeya!!" That would inhale LOUDLY!!!!:angry:

Latest posts

Back