Lowe boats?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg J.

Reaction score
Would anyone know the going price for a new 16' Lowe jon boat w/trailer? I've sent off for a brochure twice now and no response. Comparitive shopping for something to use on our electric lakes only. Thanks.

the *usual* guy spending $600 on a johnboat will wear out a boat sales guy worse than the guy spending 30K on a bass boat

But you what, that man's $600.00 is just as importantant to him as the rich guy's $30,000 is to him and should get just as much respect as far as I am concerned. If a salesperson does not want to be bothered selling all the products offed in his store then he/she should perhaps look at another line of work in my oppinion. :)

True JD but you have to be realistic. Any retail sale should be welcomed and it is but it is a matter of how much effort a saleman will put out. It would be different if they were paid by the hour, etc. I've done a lot of shows in a lot of BPS's and can tell you first hand that the boat sales guys make no $$ on the jon sales.....as a matter of fact, they would rather they be moved out of the marine area and over to retail. Also, the paperwork is just as long on a jon as it is on a 929. These guys have to make $$ and when you are on commission, the big ticket items make them $$. Also, like Pat says, there's not a lot of difference in them, you either want it or not. Price compare and then go buy. Gotta do your homework yourself on the smaller $$ items. Not to de-rail Waterwings post......gott be some on-line references to price on the Lowes. I know if Iwere in the market, I would go to a couple of the electric only lakes here by me that have a boat concession. They move their boate every couple of years and they go fairly cheap.

TOXIC

Thanks for the input fellows. Come Spring I will probably search for used ones to look at also.

Maybe that's why I can't get a brochure. :wacko:

PAt. please clarify on tracker being mad at Merc, I didn't hear that B4

Well Mike,

Ask anyone who attended the Tracker dealer meeting.

LOL! Pat!! Times sure are 'a changing. I doubt Merc will ever do that again though. (But ya never know!) Too much competition for too tight of margins now. I believe we'll see soon enough. '06 boat show season is here and is proving to be an eventful one. Good luck with y'all's!

Back