Lost the keys to the Triton!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Not a good evening.....lost the keys to the Triton....only had one set and I have no idea what happened to them. I remember them at home in my hand and when I got to the dock, no keys. I have looked everywhere and can't find them. Only thing I can think of is I set them on the bumper and drove off. Redrove the street and didn't find them. Wonder how long it will take if I order a set. I assume you can do that????

To top it all off.....I dropped my cell phone in the lake while at the dock. No chance of retrieval. So, for those I talk to, you might want to email me your number....Mike Snow no need. :p

RUH ROH RAGGY!!!!

Ugh...not a good night for the EX-Bannana Boat captain....hmmm a sign maybe?

T.S.

Thanks, Pats...what about the locks to the compartments? I think they might have a number on them.

I am also wondering how I am going to get the Master lock off the trailer. UGH!

been there done that with the cell phone....

i've misplaced my keys several times. Even left them on the bumper once, luckily i was just pulling through the yard and i walked where i had pulled through and was able to find them.

BJ

I hate when that happens. Nothing can drive a person nuts quicker than misplacing keys.

Your keys are probably laying where you left them.

By the way, I had a friend that dropped his cell in the lake over a year ago and he is still getting threatening phone calls from someone that talks funny and goes by the name of Gills.

Da Bear

Good Luck, You will find your keys in the last place you look?? The worst part about loseing a cell is the numbers we store, other than that there are times I would like to trow mine in the lake. Last year in Fla on Stick Marsh the phone I had clipped to the windshield jumped onto a spinnerbait and now resides with the gators..

BF

Bolt cutters work if you have enough room, some locks will be impossible with a hacksaw. Maybe a high speed cut off wheel or a torch. Good luck and we all have those days sometimes. Clark

Drive the whole mess over to a locksmith. Some of them are really good about getting in.

If your trailer lock is a "Master", there will be a key number on the lock. A locksmith should be able to make you a copy based on that.

Rich D

Rich K has the right idea. In fact most of them will come to your home. They can make a key onsitie for the boat and probably do something about the padlock on the tounge. I did the exact same thing recently...fortunely I had left the keys in the padlock sitting on the bumper and I had spares to the boat which the locksmith made more duplicates for a couple of bucks.

Harpo

Its the curse of the banana boat! When you sell a nitro you will have bad luck for 9 years.

:angry::(

Good news Smitty...The bad mojo has found Teri!:)

Bad news Teri...your eyes are going, your plummin's gonna fail, and a tree's gonna smash your cottage.:(

Gene

Teri, if the locks are rh001 or rh01 (I forget), I have a spare or two. That's for the perko hatch locks.

Don't worry, I didn't email you my number. I did snail mail it to you, leave it on your home and work voice mail and have someone coming over to graffiti it onto your garage door later :).

Teri, I lost two cell phone's in the lake but have 2 sets of boat keys. You could also get a locksmith to make you a key for your boat trailer instead of cutting the lock off. Cutting the lock off is probably quicker and cheaper. I carry a set of lock picks in my truck so it wouldn't take me long to get any lock open if I lost the key.

Sorry to hear about your bad fortune. I had a friend of mine throw - (yes, throw) his truck keys to me while we were sitting in 14 feet of water. I yelled "Nooooooooooooooo" as he threw them to me right after I had agreed to back his trailer down the ramp for him. He missed my front deck by a good 6 feet. I had to drive an hour and a half home, get his spare set, and then drive back to him, and then back home again. Three extra hours out of my day - but I felt really sorry for him. While I was gone for that three hour home and back trip, he was eaten up by mosquitos right as the sun was going down. Neither one of us thought about it because when I left him, there weren't any biting. He was covered in welts when I got back to him. He had no bug spray in his boat, and to make matters worse, we were at a little "off the beaten trail" ramp that had no lights or anything. I would have done some topwater fishing while waiting, but he just sat in his boat, getting eaten up by 'skeeters. After that, I kept a spare set of boat keys on my truck key ring, and a spare set of truck keys on my boat key ring, and a spare set of both in the rear storage compartment of my boat in a dry storage box with my tools. I have NEVER been locked out of anything since.... although I have had to use the spare sets.:rolleyes: Just make sure that when you put your truck keys on your boat key ring, that you use a big enough float to keep them all floating. I have a 2 1/2 inch diameter cork ball on mine that would float a janitors key set.:)

It is nicer learning from other peoples mistakes though.:p

Glenn

A couple years ago, one of the guys in my club backed me in. It was pitch dark that morning. He pitched the keys into the center of the boat. I reached out to try to catch them by stepping down off the back deck. I missed the center step and turned my ankle as I fell into the bottom of the boat.

I finished the day and went to the hospital after I got home that evening. I had cracked my ankle on both sides. Real stuuuuuupid!

RoyC

I got 2 keys to the ignition at lunch today so at least I can fish this weekend. I have to take it to the dealer tomorrow to figure out the compartment key. Got the lock cut off the trailer with bolt cutters.

Lesson learned!

See what happens when you leave Indiana ????? It's the Northern curse after you..HA HA:p

Back