Lost a couple of John's!! :o(

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Johnny Cash's passing isn't all that surprising,..but John Ritter's death shocked me!! Man,..54 is too young!!! My whole family would watch his newest sitcom, "8 Simple rules..." and who DIDN'T like 3's company!!??...Geez,..only the good die young!! We'll miss you Mr. Ritter.....and thanks for all the classic songs Mr.Cash!!

Mac

Heard this news on the way in this morning. Can't say I watched Ritter's new show, but you are right - really caught me by surprise.

The Man in Black's passing was not that unexpected, as he has been in really poor health for awhile. Add to that this his long time wife and love June, passed on recently. I thought that he would be joing her in the hereafter, before long.

Doesn't seem all that unusual that when men loose their longtime partners, they are soon to depart also. On the other hand, those women that loose a husband/partner seem to be able to go on for quite a while.

Tex

Ritter's death WAS a surprise! The man in black was and is still #1 in country. I'm a rocker by nature but, if you listen to Johnny's early stuff...he kinda' had a few rock riffs throwed in for good measure. I grew up listenin' to"Ring of Fire " and "A Boy Named Sue". Never got that stuff outta' my head.

The man in black will be sadly missed...

BTW... I heard a version of one of Tom Petty's songs that he done recently...even with those kinda' problems he still had it. Although his new "Hurt" song was really kinda' sad.

TEE

I didn't hear about EITHER of these. Again, Cash wasn't a surprise, but Ritter? I liked him. That's just plain sad.

Ritter's new show was good...i will never forget him in Sling Blade, in my opinion one of his best films. Cash will be missed for his influence on outlaw country and as one of the greatest country stars to cross over to the rock side. They will both be missed.

Donnie

I saw Johnny Cash on some talk show (Larry King I think?) recently and he really looked bad. An old man once told me, "Kid if you have any choice in the matter...don't get old"

Harpo

Christmas of '68 me and my two buds from high school drove to Florida for the holidays. I had an "8-track" in my Chevelle. We must have joined in on Orange Blossom Special for the whole 1,200 miles down there. And then it was Folsom Prison Blues for the next week.... The music business just lost a legend...

JJ..

I saw that Larry King show, Harpo..... He looked in poor health..... But he was still "Johnny Cash"!!

I'll be listening to his music today.....

He will always be a "Classic"..... "C"ash is right next to "B"eethoven in my collection of CD's!

me!

Dont worry Mac, keep walking the streets you get more "Johns"...lol

I heard to. Sad day to lose Mr. Cash and the guy from 3's Co....lol

Mini

Sad to hear about both of their deaths.

I used to live in Hendersonville, TN where Johnny Cash lived and met him once while standing in the cashier's line at the local Wal-Mart. Had seen him and June there many times before. They always were very friendly to everyone there. Good people now in a better place!

Tom

Johnny Cash was sort of expected but Ritter! A dissected aorta! That was a surprise!

You never know when your number is coming up.

Had met him and June in their tour bus here in Ottawa some time ago.... actually spent the afternoon with them eating and talking in the most beautiful bus I had ever seen. They were very nice people...oddly enough, they though I had a funny accent.

Pierre

eh?

Gotta laugh outta that one, Pierre! Imagine a coupla hillbillies (In the case of the Cash's, maybe I oughta capitolize "Hillbillies"!) thinking YOU had a funny accent!

God Bless you, Johnny and June!

You've made me smile yet one more time!!