Looks like you all use mono most of the time

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
THanks for your replys. It seems that you all use mono 99% of the time. It seems that in the last 10 years, there have been more and more alternitives, ie: super line, fusion, super braid, etc.... Still your comments show that mono is still the line of choice. Is it that you tried the alternitives and didn't like what you experieced? Or is it more of the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" philosophy?

PowerPro line. I use it on all my bass rods. For Crappie I only use 6 lb mono. Seems to work better cause I don't need the strength or the sensitivity.

I've tried all the other lines you mentioned. Fusion was my choice till PowerPro showed up. I just would like to find it in a color other than light tan. I've taken to using black marksalot on the last 2 feet. It works but is a pain.

I feel both mono and braid have thier time and place. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. For example braid has very low stretch, its great for jigs and worms where line stretch is a bad thing but for crainkbaits and spinnerbaits more give is needed and mono is the only way to go. Braid also comes thru weeds nice but dosent work as well in the rocks as mono. You have to look at how and where you are fishing and make a line choice from there.

If i had to pick only one type of line it would be mono because its more versitile then braid.

Samr they make powerpro in a green as well, i use it on my jig rod.

I use a lot of Different lines. I use Triline XT and XL, P-line, Fireline (which I only use in a pinch), and Iron Silk.

T.S.

When getting hung up, braid only serves to bury the hook in the obstruction further, whereas a little tip action with mono will often free the snag. The blasted sound of braid running through guides is also hard on the brain. Worst of all, a "Bill Dance" hookset with braid will have a 10 pound bass speeding toward your head like a rocket whereas mono will keep the fish in the water :)

Back