Looking for your opinion on Basscats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Been thinking about buying a new boat probably in next two years. I was set on getting a 520 until I came across the new model that Basscat has put out called the Puma. I

Excellent boats!!...They're a good company too,...Both Mini and I are friends with their Nat'l Sales Mgr. We've taken him fishing before up here. His name is Ivan Williams.

(If you're still thinking about a 520 though,..I can save you substantial coin on mine!! It'll be available after my last charity outing in Early Oct.) I'll save you THOU$AND$!! Email me privately if you're interested on specs/options/price,etc..etc.

Cat's are excellent though,....very well built and the Pierce Family WILL take care of your needs!!

Mac

I have not had personal experience, I would hope the KB would chime in, he is a bit of a guru on makes, models, hull designes etc. KB, quit lurkin' and come outta the bushes!!!LOL!!

TOXIC

Can't go wrong with a "Cat".

Looks like the Puma is just a Cougar hull with redesigned storage features, probably a good thing because the ride would be the same but you'll get more conventional storage in the rear.

Even though a "small" company, BassCat has built a great reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. I see no reason that either will change anytime soon.

Now if I could park that boat straight into my garage and the wife would look the other way, har!

Tom

Thanks guys for the input. Mac if I've given some serious thought to buying your boat ,not this year but maybe next year. Only if Ranger will replace those butt ugly blue seats ! LOL

They'll do more than that!!..The whole boat will be re-furbished,......wrap removed,..hull, cap and trlr fenders buffed out,..seats replaced to original colors ordered and the carpet replaced. All at NO CHARGE to the buyer....oh and by the way,..they'll pick it up and ship it back too...

no charge!! Essentially, it'll be a brand new boat when you get it back!! The colors under the wrap are awesome too..

Gun metal hull...white cap...Midnite blue metallic stripes (1&3) and a Bahama blue center stripe (#2)...Midnite Blue metallic consoles...and all the colors are seperated by a metallic gold pinstripe. The seats will be replaced by ones that are midnite blue with charcoal gray inserts.

The carpet is blue/gray. It's VERY classy looking!!

Tell your friends,...I'll sell it cheap!! (for a Ranger anyway!!..LOL)

I'm impressed with my Basscat. I have the 19' version. I came from a Nitro 911CDC which is longer and much wider.

One thing I liked about the Nitro that isn't the same in the Basscat is that the Nitro had small drain holes on each side of the boat on the floor so if the boat wasn't level, the water would still drain out of the floor. Of course, this only comes into play when I park the boat in the driveway which has a bit of a slant to it and when it's raining. It usually sits in the garage unless it's overnight between fishing trips, etc.

Cats are great boats,, I know a few folks that run older Pantera models in SFLA and have been in them a few times. Very solid ride. And from what I have read, they have realy good CS.

Back