Looking for Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A guy I ran across at the Boat Expo in Timonium, MD last week gave me this website address and said I could get good advice here. I am looking for a decent used Tracker bass boat. I would only use it several times a year, mostly up in Canada. One of the salesman I met at the Tracker booth at the show has a 2001 Tracker Pro Team 185 with a 2001, 115HP oil injected Mercury and he wants $9500.00 for it. I am going to take a look at this week but, never having owned a boat before, am not sure what to look for or what questions to ask. My top price is $10,000. Any suggestions, comments would be most appreciated

Dean, Welcome aboard

If Im not mistaken, and I could very well be, the 185 is rated for no more than a 90 HP motor. At least it was when I had one. I liked the 185, and in some ways wish I still had it. If it is rated to handle the 115 HP it should get around REAL good !! As far as price, Im no good when it comes to the resale value of them. But I KNOW a bunch will sign in soon and give you some help !!

True...they didn't rate the 185 for 115 ponies until 2004 when they got rid of the wood. Mine sets low enough with a 90.

I agree with TEE. Mine sits low enough with a 90.

Dean, I have a 2003 P/T 185 with a 2003 Mercury 90, she has several up grades. I was planning on waiting another year or two before up grading, but what the heck. She has her own garage and has been well cared for. Also has factory warrenty on the outboard until 1/12/07. I live in Knoxville, TN. I think that your price range and my selling range would match up nicely.

Shoot me an e-mail if interested,

Steve

Hey Dean!

Welcome. The Tracker 185 is a decent starter boat. I started out with the PT175 and have been very happy. Prior to that I fished out of canoes and rented jon boats. I've had no major problems with the Tracker and I'm still having fun with it two and a half years after purchase. The aluminum hull is great for not worrying about scraping on shorelines or submerged stumps while trolling. The boats handle well and are easy to maneuver. Their lighter weight also makes loading/unloading and towing easy for a newbie.

Good luck in your search. And BTW - if you pass on Steve's boat, let me know - I may just have to think about upgrading myself!!

JC

Correction Gentlemen. After I saw the first 2 responses, I called the guy that has the Tracker for sale. Turns out it is a 2001 Tournament V-18, not a P/T 185. Thats the good news, the bad news is he sold the boat. Soooo, I am back to ground zero.

Steve Hudson - I would be interested in your 2003 P/T 185, however, I live in Northern VA (Fairfax). Thats a long haul from Knoxville.

Jim C. - Where are you located?

Anybody else?

Hey Neighbor! I'm in NOVA too - Arlington. Knoxville isn't that far away - only 8 hours! Given your location, I'm hoping you don't limit your fishing trips to only a few times a year and in Canada to boot. Don't forget that we get to live on one of the most productive bass rivers in the Eastern half of the United States - the Potomac River! Add to that numerous launch sites in Virginia and Maryland and its would be shame to buy a PT185 only to run it twice a year. Don't even get me started on the fun you can have on Lake Anna a mere 80 miles south of us!!

As for your boat purchasing options, one thing you may want to try is to give Mare of Aquia a call. They're in Stafford, VA off of exit 140 on I-95. I don't know if they sell Tracker's anymore, but I got my PT175 from them. Bought it in 2003 as a leftover 2002 so got a smokin' deal. Anyway, just another option to think about.

Good luck - and hope to see you on the Potomac! JC

WTF. I just joined the forum and I have never seen somebody hijack a thread before and try to buy something out from under another forum member. What's with ncfishingnitro and this crap with trying to get pictures from somebody who has responded to somebody elses thread asking for boats for sale. The least you do is ask the original thread starter to let you know if he isn't interested to pass it on. You don't hijack his thread.

Mr. Fellinger...here is your quote from above...." I would be interested in your 2003 P/T 185, however, I live in Northern VA (Fairfax). Thats a long haul from Knoxville.

Jim C. - Where are you located?

Anybody else?"

I have been a member of this board since May of 2003, and I can honestly say I have NEVER pissed anyone off....Please correct me if I am wrong. I took the "anybody else" statement that you may or may not be interested in this boat. I am definitely interested in this type of boat and have just sold my old boat and am in the market to replace it. I don't see where asking for more information about the boat is "hijacking" this thread. My intentions aren't to piss anyone off and if it will make you feel better, I will bow out of Steve's boat until you make your decision yay or nay on it. It's your boat if you want it. I am sure Steve's boat isn't the only PT185 for sale right now.

How do you feel Steve? You haven't even put your boat on the market and have people fighting over it....

Bryan

Wrong "Mr. Fellinger" Bryan.

Mr. Dale J. Fellinger of Ohio, what business is it of yours anyway? Somebody with just one post should not be the sheriff of a board. I assume you are related to Dean? A lot of the guys on this page have been on this board for a long, long time and NEVER hesitate to help someone in need. Your post was a little misleading in the fact that the original post wasn't yours either.

Bill

Gentleman, lets put all this behind us. There was a missunderstanding that has been worked out between myself and Steve Hudson. Both my brother are new to this board and neither of us want to create any turmoil. Things happen and sometimes people overreact to particular situations. I hope no one holds any grudges because I think this board is a great resource for people who have an interest in Tracker/Nitro boats. I know for a fact that I will have many questions as I get more involved in boating and fishing and would like to think that i can feel free to post my inquiries. I call a truce.

OK?

No hard feelings by me. Welcome to the board. You WILL get a TON of excellent information from the guys...and gals on this board. Sorry again for the problems.

Bryan

If you can weed through some of the BS, most of the laughs and forgive us during a full moon cycle (like we have now) you will get along great. They only rule you need to know is this. If it's a joke or attempt at one at least, follow it up with a "lol" or one of those cute little smiley faces............................ Welcome aboard

BF

I'm fine Dean AND Dale.. I just wanted both of you guys to ease on into this site and join us crazies...:rolleyes: Dale, I apologize if I came across too harsh. I tend to take up for the people who have been here for awhile, even if they are nuts or just a short time out of the asylum, like Bruce...:p

Bill

One big ol happy family, just like it's supposed to be:D:D:D. Hey Dean, it's Hutson, I'll call you later.

Steve

Dean - check out the BFHP (www.wmi.org/bassfish) under the Boats 4 Sale section. A guy in NJ posted his 2005 PT185 w/ 60hp for sale at $10.5K. A bit underpowered, but what the hey, may be worth checking out, especially as a first boat. Three MY's newer than the dealer in MD.

JC

ps: No idea who the NJ guy is or condition of the boat. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Back