Looking for opinion; Nitro 170

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Castineira

Reaction score
I found a 1994 Rick Clunn Edition Nitro 170. This boat is very clean for its age and appears not to have that many hours on it. It has the Mercury/Tracker 90 HP 2-stroke on her. Guy wants 3000 for it, what does every one think on price and the boat overall, good or bad.

Thanks

CHRIS CAS

Hey Chris, I bought a 1995 Rick Clunn Edition 170TF w/75 Merc in 2000, paid $7,500 for it. It's been a great boat so far. I don't know diddly about boat pricing to be honest, but doesn't sound like too bad of a price if everything is in good shape and the motor checks out good. Check the inside edge of the tires, my stock trailer had a pretty wimpy axle that did not support the boat well and bowed the axle. I think it's only rated at 1500#. I put on an aftermarket axle, 3000# and it tracks and rides a whole lot better. But, there are a lot of guys on here that have much better knowledge on the subject. For what it's worth, it's a great boat, the only thing I would prefer is a stronger trolling motor and to have a dual console for my partner to get out of the wind/rain. Good luck.

JP

I had one of those! It was a great little boat. I think as long as the motor runs well, #3,000 is a reasonable price. Check out the NADA guide, on line to be sure. I thing it was rated for up to 115hp. The only reason I bring that up, is so you dont get dissappointed when it will not run above 50mph. With a 90, you will get good performance, but not above 45mph.

Still a great little boat --- Enjoy

At this age, it's all about condition. If you are unsure about anything have it checked out by a pro.

I sold my Nitro 170 last summer. It was a 93 with a 90 Evinrude. Best boat I've ever owned. Took a alickin and kept ticken. I got $7000 for mine as it was totally loaded, new electronics fore and aft, ss prop new marathon tires spare, cover , deck insert, etc etc etc.

still wish I had it but I'm into a Tundra now.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back