looking for a road trip to fish/relax

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Guess

Reaction score
I am looking for a nice place to take the wife where I can fish, relax and take in some sights. Plan to take my Tracker and thinking of some place not too far from the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, maybe as far as Tennessee. Saw an ad from Cypress Point Resort that looked nice and not too expensive (think it is in Tenn.) Of course, I want to go to a place where I can hopefully catch some fish so keep that in mind. Any recommendations would be appreciated folks. Thanks, Kenny g.

I would second the Moors Resort on Kentucky Lake....

Been there and really enjoyed the entire experience...

Call and ask for Shirley... Tell her you are from the Nitro/Tracker Website... She might give you a special deal... We did her a favor back two years...

Reelfoot is nice but I would rent a boat for that, (shallow water, more stumps than I have ever seen) They have good package deals. Snakes if that is a concern now that it is warm.

Kentucky and Barkley excellent choice. You could spend a week just fishing Little River (less waves and good fishing) on Barkley. Clark from Kentucky

Lake Mitchell Alabama, one of , if not THE, most scenic lakes Ive ever been on.

I'll second K&B or Reelfoot.....Dale in the fall(Oct-Nov)

I'll be at Lake Barkley this weekend...7th year in a row...

Get a houseboat!

az

There's Pickwick :huh:, Wheeler :D, Wilson:wub: and Guntersville:D here in North 'Bama... Lewis Smith is gorgeous but the fishin' is TOUGH!:(

Concur on the Moors ! Had a nice relaxing time when we went. I liked the idea of after we launched the boat and put it in the slip we could park the trailer at the cottage we stayed in. Decent food in their restaurant too! :)

www.moorsresort.com

You're not a long way from Toledo Bend or Sam Rayburn. Look 'em up on the internet. Hank's Creek is a great USACE rv park on Big Sam. There are several rv parks on TB as well. We traveled the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville last Christmas:D. Ross Barnett looked very inviting along the way???

The summers are hot as all get out :( but you know that.

Back