Logos on boat carpet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark schafer2

Reaction score
I noticed some of the pros have their sponsors stenciled into there boat carpeting. I was thinking about trying to add a NITRO logo on the carpet over my rod lockers. Does anyone know if it could be painted on successfully and what type of paint would work best?

yote, the ones I have seen are more of a sticker then paint. Not sure how paint would hold up

Sorry Carlos but the ones in the carpet are woven in when the carpet is made. Like the lid you did not get with your boat...

BF

Custom made carpet? I don't imagine that would be to cheap!! Boats about due for new carpet, maybe i'll try making some stencils and painting the logos I want on before I replace the carpet. Then if I don't like it or it won't hold up nothing will be lost. Any ideas on what kind of paint to use? Or any other tips?

Paint doesn't work...tried it:wacko:

I've heard that there is some carpet dyes out there but, don't know where.

There are various ways to add "stenciling" to carpet. The factory Nitro ones are embroidered. They last longer than the "painted" ones. They are not "painted" they are applied fiber by fiber. Most estimates are/were about $100 per copartment lid, may have changed but that was the quote I received a few years back.

Personally, I wouldnt do it. They all dont last that long. The embroidered ones look decent for about 4 years. Of course that depends on how much you use your boat and how much it is exposed to the sun/elements.

Ditto Mini: I've seen the heated vinyl appliques and they trash up pretty quick. The stitched ones are more durable, but after a couple years heavy use they wear and wash out. I wouldn't recomend them either. Just my .02. ;)

I looked on the net and it looks like there are a few places that sell carpet dyes. Anybody try these?

I suspect carpet dyes on "outdoor" grade carpeting will be short term. The colors in boat carpet are set into the "fabric" at manufacture. I dont know if afterward, color would "set". Maybe.. I'm no expert, but I've spilled all kinds of blood (mine and fish) and other crud on my boat carpet and it typically washes away (unlike the coffee stains and dog pee in the LR)

Bruce,

Mine is a sticker. I have a new one sitting on the bench as a replacement....I still have the one on my ride, jsut looking faded. When I get the coin a new lid and I put the new sticker on there.

My problem is that if you fish your rig a lot, a decal, dyed or embroidered logo in your carpet will be the 1st thing to show age....guaranteed and there isn't a thing you can do about it...Well, I guess you could cover it with a rug!!:lol:

TOXIC

BF, rodger that.

Hammer, I do that when I am catfishing! I do need a new lid for up front as the decal is pretty faded......

yote,

I bought the one Mac had designed through Ranger. Had to go throughtheir promotions department and it was not easy.

Do you guys want the information on who made the wrap and the carpet stickers?

HA Mike you are right there man! Did you get all the slime and shad parts out of your carpet last night?

Thanks Carlos. I will take that info if you don't mind. Sounds like a pain but maybe i'll give it a shot.

C's logo looked like this....it's faded now tho...this was brand new.

Maiden_voyage_small_8[1].JPG

HA, I have a new S&T logo for the carpet in the garage...if I do not use it is going to Mac in May......

Latest posts

Back