Lock n' Stow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Lee

Reaction score
Anybody have one? Likes! Dislikes! Getting ready to order one but wanted to get some feedback first.Thanks!!!!!!!!

Buy it. Best thing going for a Merc. I love mine.

All the best,

Glenn

Love it -- Had mine about 5-6 thousand tow miles now. No more motor trying to lay over, no more lower unit paint scuffing, etc, etc, etc.

Search the topic, there was a major discussion not too long ago on this subject here. Merc owners manual tells me to use the "other" kind, so I do.

TOXIC

I use the lock and stow. The only thing I dont like is that the rubber cups wear out QUICK. I guess there is a remedy....they will send you a second set for free, but someone on BBC posted another remedy. I may try that.

Mini,

You're absolutely right. That is the only drawback that I saw. I'm on my second set of cups, and need another set right now. What was the other remedy?

All the best,

Glenn

Using a teflon/pvc pipe adapter. Search it on BBC.

I am thinking about using plastidip on the cups after removing the old insert.

I appreciate the link to the basscat site, but I am still not convinced.

Mercury has had some issues with that bracket since the late 90's. I know of 4 guys that lost motors in Lake Erie or the Detroit river due to bracket failure. All 4 of them were using the standard "motor toter" when trailering.

Myself and other anglers I travel with have been using this for quite some time. Its a great product and there are no downfalls. Merc says use it and im on their Pro Staff. The rubber cups inside do wear out in about a year but if you call the company, they will be glad to send replacement rubbers for no charge. They just insert in seconds and you are like new again.

I used one on my old boat and will on my new Z7 too. It holds the motor in a very stable position. It reminds me of the trailering arm that my evinrude had, only better because it keeps the motor from turning.

Has anyone ever had the rubber inserts stick on the motor when you remove it? I had that happen to me last year and i ran around all day with the rubber cup stuck to my motor.

Gersh....any thing in writing from Mercury? Not doubting you but the Mercury owners manual says to use the motor-toter type.

TOXIC

Does anyone know the web site for lock'n'stow ? I need to get some of the replacement cups.

I love mine, sure saves me time and a lot easier on the lower back at the end of a long day fishing.

BF

Latest posts

Back