Livewell Use

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
All..I have a '03 PT 175 and will be fishing a few tourneys in it this year. What is the proper way to run the livewell.

- Do you keep it on auto all the time?

- Do you let some water drain and refill during the day?

I just wanna make sure I dont kill my fish and want to see if there is a good routine with the livewell w/o having to check it constantly....Thanks...LA

I have the same boat and have used mine the same way every time with good luck. I wait for first keeper(hopefully, don't have to wait too long), completely fill livewell using manual fill. From then on put it in auto mode for the rest of the day. Can't say that I have ever drained water and put in new, but can't hurt. Have not lost a fish yet.

I'm going to upgrade the livewell system to a system 3 from Flo-Rite on my 700LX Nitro. That way I can recirc the water when off plane for areas where the water isn't all that good or it's mucky.

If all goes well I'll upgrade the pump as well to a 750 GPH one.

The upgrade should be about $50-70 for the new actuator and pump.

That 03' will recirculate when on plane ....Also there are plenty of additives out there to help preserve your catch.

Back