livewell question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew jackson

Reaction score
please forgive if this seems overly simple but it is my first boat with a built in livewell. can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to operate the livewell on my 06' 591? i used it for the first time today and it only would fill the livewell a quarter of the way no matter how long i let it run. it also lost all the water when i ran from one place to another. what am i doing wrong? please help! please treat me like a child when you explain it.:huh:

if you have the fill/empty cable in the fill postion, the livewell drain is closed,

so that you can fill the well with the pump. when it is in the empty position,

it opens the drain, which if the boat is in the water, will fill the livewell upto the

water line on the boat, and will empty out when the boat is out of the water....

;)

I'm not familiar with a Nitro 591 layout, but if the information that Hutch 911 or davetnitro posted doesn't work, then you may have a plug system in the bottom like mine does, but I have a Triton, and I don't think Nitro would change from a already established system from their other boats to change over to a different one, but you just never know. Mine has two rubber plugs that go into the bottom of the livewells. I leave mine in all the time. When I want to empty it, I have a pump-out feature (switch) that pulls all the water out and empties the livewell. Without it, you would just pull the plugs at the end of the day. I've seen boats with it both ways.

Regardless of what system you do have, I would highly recommend kicking your dealer in the rear end for letting you leave the lot with a boat that they didn't fully familiarlize you with. They should have went over every aspect of using that boat, especially knowing that you are not familiar with this type of boat. Just my .02 on the subject.

I hope the first part of my post, and the posts above help you out.

All the best,

Glenn

thanks to all for the replies. you hit it on the head glenn. the well in the 591 has a plug in the bottom that was not given to me when i bought the boat. (i chewed them but good at bass pro shops yesterday. they are sending me a plug) aparently the 591 has a different system than other nitro models. thanks again for all the help!

Glad everything worked out for you! Hope you enjoy your new rig.

All the best,

Glenn

Recently when I turn on my aerator on (after my first fish) I hear it humming but it doesn't pump water into the livewell. Yesterday, my first cast produced a fish so I put it in the well, turned it on and all I got was humming. Just when I was about to release it , I thought about trying to stick something in the incoming hole below to see if that would help but when I stepped on the back deck, it started pumping water into the well. Worked find after that. This has happened before. I then put on the timer/recirculator for the rest of the day. This is a 2004 PT 175 - anyone else ever have this happen to them? Kenny g.

Back