Livewell Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Kaye

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1996 170TF Rick Clunn w/90HP ELPTO. Every time I put the boat in the water, the live well fills up from the external fitting. Is this normal? Am I supposed to have the vertical tube in place for this not to happen? I thought there was supposed to be some sort of stopper (ball/flap) to keep the water out until you turned on the fresh water to fill it up.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SK.

If it's the older style with the tube...yes, you'll need the tube in or just go to Wally World and pick up a drain plug:D

Tee's right if it has the what tube with holes in the top, for my rear livewell in my PC 175 I did what T said and went to wally world, bought the plug and now use the rear livewell as a in-boat cooler!!

You might want to get a longer section of tubing and add a T connection about 3-4 inches from the top. Idealy, you want it long enough to touch (seat firmly) the top of the livewell lid when closed to hold it in place. Put the T (4-way connector) in the tube about where you'd like the level to be and add a little piece to the top to hold tight when the lid's closed. (The open sides of the T will act as your new drain level.) It'll pretty much end fish knocking it out or rough water crossings popping it off and losing your water/fish. Good luck!

Special K,

If that livewell has the removable divider like my PT 185 had, becareful when you have two limits in the livewell or bigger fish. I have had situations where the fish knocked down the divider mixing up my fish with the other guys fish :unsure:.

After that problem I always asked the rider to bring a culling system with them.

CJL

Back