livewell problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moss

Reaction score
I took my new 750nx out today.When I filled the live well up with water and fish it fills up but drains out all the time.It has one black drain on one side and a white one with a screen on the othere.ITs a pump out system with a black nozzle on one side and a white nozzle on the othere side.You can push the white one in or out to pump out or just fill up.The automatic mode will run constantly like the manual mode.No matter what positions I put the switches in it drains overboard out the back next to the bilge drain plug.The manual talks about a selector valve.I have looked everywhere but cant find one othere than pushing in and out on the white filler nozzle.Dose anyone have any ideas on this before I go all the way back to the dealer.I filled it up with water in the drive way and no matter what you select it runs straight thru and out the drain?

Both my Nitros had the selector valve right below the throttle handle. It's kind of a long switch handle you push forward or back for open and close.

I looked my dosent have one under the throttle.The owners manual said there were two different system installed on some boats but dosent show the one I have.It shows a picture of the one that has the selector valve but not the one I have that has a sliding nozzle.I think you are supposed to slide the nozzle in or out depending on if you want to pump it out or not.This thing will drive you crazy.I allmost lost 25 crappie do to it.If i hadnt checked on them when I did they would have all died due to lack of water.Most of the time I just let them go but these were dying so I made dinner out of them.I would rather let them go and catch them again another day.

I have the system with the selector valve but they didnt bother to install the selector valve itself.The manual says I can have one of two systems.I dont have an overflow tube in mine so I guess I have the othere pump out system.Man is that crazy or not? I dont understand how they let it go out of the factory like that.You would think they would have at least ops checked everything before it gose out the door or at the very least at the dealer ship.I will call them tommorow and find out whats up with this thing.Thanks

Back