Livewell precaution ....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Word up...If you have a 175 or 185 with the System 2 (recirculating system)...DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREEN from the bottom of your livewell and let it drain. I catch a lot of panfish in Spring and the sand and shells that the gills' and crackers leave behind will CLOG your system. The intake and drain(same line) run thru your diverter(EMPTY or AUTO) and if you backflush...your just pushing the debris back thru your pump.

I'd recommend letting it drain and lettin' it dry and vaccum the debris out with the screen in. Part my fault for not understanding how these recirc systems work..part Trackers' fault for not tellin' me anything about it and then I have to replace the whole system.

TEE

My 901 didn't have any screens installed. After a few tournaments, I started having problems with my recir. system in both livewells. Some of the "remains" were going out the drains and plugging the valves.

I tore out both lines a couple times before I got all of the "stuff" out of them. I installed screens after the second teardown.

RoyC

Hey RoyC, where did you find screens to fit into the 901 livewells? I've been looking all this season with no luck. Did you put them into the bottom drain or the lower side tubes?

Actually, I replaced the bottom fittings that allowed me to install the screw-on stainless steel screens that are available just about anywhere.

Afterwards, I found you can order the screens that fit into the existing drain fittings from the "Flowrite" web site. You can find their site from the links page.

RoyC

I've got the ones from Florite and they're allright but, would much rather have one that screws in because mines comes out sometimes runnin' down the lake...

TEE

I went to West Marine and picked up two sets. Each set came with a thru hull 90 deg. fitting and the stainless steel mesh screw-on screen. I think each set cost about $7-$8.

RoyC

Back