Livewell Adjustments

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
I noticed the previous owner of the boat I just got had the upper valves shut tight not letting any water into the livewell from above, it's the ones you can screw in or out to adjust flow and direction.

He said " it allowed more air to mix in that way"

I noticed when the top is shut tight, that the below water inlet shoots out a big amount of water bubbles with the water. Looks like a whirlpool.

Is that the way you guys have your livewells setup?

Ditto, lots of O2, some ice, and Rejuvenade. I'm actually going to install one of those O2 systems from Gander Mtn for $100. The better your fish are, the more weight they maintain.

I am just getting to know how my system works too. Mine were screwed in also when I got it. I unscrewed them to make water at the top first but discovered the other night that more bubbles seem to come in from the bottom with them screwed in. Does yours also have that tubing in it also? I think that is some kind of air system too directly from the pumps??

Clark

I don't know about the tubbing I will have to check, I also took some pitcures of the deck and such , the deck extension would be nice to get in the future for my 488, but it is perfect now for the boys to move around in.

Back