Live well issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Carson

Reaction score
We went out on my new 1654 grizzly tracker boat on 4th of July. It has a live well that overflowed into the boat on us. Anyone know what the issue is here? It is the first time I have had a boat with a live well that has a hole in the bottom of the boat. I'm not sure about the physics of how this is supposed to work, but surely it is not supposed to do that. This is really the wife writing, I just wanted to do the research for my husband, who very much is a determined fisherman. Do we need to run the bilge pump when going fast to get to the next fishing hole? What happened, it didn't do it all day except when we went a little longer on the lake. I was actually sitting on top of the well where a cushion could go when I felt it running out on my legs. I opened the lid and it was shooting out the top of the tube/plug. Please help me with my knowledge. Thanks in advance

you should not have to run the bilge pump when driving the boat. The Grizzly livewell should have came with a white overflow pipe for the livewell. it is inserted into the hole at the bottom, if you just had a plug in the livewell that is why it overflowed. I assume you just purchased your boat, ask your dealer for the overflow pipe and they should have no problem getting onefro you without any charge.

i just realized the water was coming in from the pipe. just curious if donald was informed on how to trim the motor when running? The only thing i can think of that would cause water to come in through the pipe when you are running; would be if the motor was trimmed down, causing water pressure to build up at the intake hole of the tube forcing water into the livewell. Next time you are running, you may try trimming up on the motor a little bit. this will pick the front of the boat out of the water a bit thus relieveing some of the water pressure. That may be forcing the water in through the pipe.

Latest posts

Back