Line striping

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Butler

Reaction score
I have a Questions for the experts. I saw in one of the fishing catlogs a line stripping tool. Can some one tell me what it's purpose is and why it shoud or should not be done.

Thanks in advance

dave

Dave,

A line stripper is used to remove old line off of your reels. I use a model made by Rapala, its battery operated and is very simple and fast to use. Of course you could just release the bail and remove it by hand but after 3 or 4 reels it can get old quick. I change line on all my rods quite often and carry about 20 different setups on board, so it comes in handy for me. Mine also has a hook sharpener built onto the end of it, so whatever bait i tie back on to the rod i can give the hook a quick tuneup too. Its basically all personal preference but i think its a good tool to have. Shouldnt cost more than $15 or so..

See ya on the water,

Mike

Line striping is also offered at a gentleman's club I visit once in a while. It's a little more expensive than 15 bucks, though...

Berkley makes the "Berkley Spool Station" it's a line spooling aid and comes with a line stripper. Cost is about 20 bucks, and well worth it, as with MAT i also change alot of line very often and it cuts down the time 10 fold.

Eric H.

Thanks Mat Sounds like a handy thing to have i'll get one.

Dave.

Pama I'm knew about that type not totaly out of touch with the world. I have to admit been there done that in my much younger days.

i use my cordless drill with a dowl in the chuck.

it removes it pretty quick and keeps it all wound up and neet. the line stripper throws it all over the floor, then you have to clean it up.

GregD

I use a cordless drill also Greg but have a coffee can with a hole drilled in the bottom. A bolt goes through the hole with a nut and washer on each side of the coffee can's bottom. Chuck up the bolt and tape the end of your line to the can and go. I have a stripper made by Berkley but this is better.

Pama $15 thats cheap. You can't get a lap dance here for that.

fatrap

I use a cordless drill to do my line stripping -- it works great - I take empty line spools, run a bit through the center (bit has to be slightly larger than center hole), tie on the line, and zip the line right off!

David

I have the Berkley kit with the battery operated stripper, works great! I don't change line once a year, except when I realy screwup a backlash and need to change. I realy like the Line Spooling part too! Makes it easy too to spool all kinds or reels (spinning, spincast and baitcasting).

Trep

Back