Leaking hull

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad F

Reaction score
I need some advice/HELP from experienced boat owners. I have a 2000 TV-18 with a 115 on her. I am the second owner (just got it two months ago). I realized that after being on the water an hour or two, I could bilge a couple gallons out of the hull. I filled the hull up with a garden hose and found not one, not two, but three small areas of water dripping from the hull. The sad things is that there is no damage anywhere near any of the leaks, which leads me to believe it's a product issue, but that's for another post.:angry:

Another of the leaks is coming from underneath one of the rail type things that run the length of the hull, in between a set of welds.

Since I am not the primary owner, Tracker told me I am out of luck when it comes to any coverage, which I already knew but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Should I look into spot welding the areas of concern or are there an other measures I should do when it comes to this type of problem? Any advice from anyone with any knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance...Brad

Just guessing here, but hairline cracks maybe, which are sometimes not visible to the eye.

Back