Lake Norman, NC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Anyone know a good bass guide for this lake? Going there in a few weeks and would like to set up a trip. Thanks!

Mini might be able to hook you up with one of Jason Quinn's buddy's!! That would rock!:wub:

Jason Quinn's wife is my realtor for down there , how strange is that.

Anyway Teri, the BBC website would be agreat place to ask that question, under the group Bass Clubs- NC/SC

Hope that helps

CJL

Yeah, Jason Quinn. I'm not sure how much he is still guiding, but he has been an active guide for Norman and Wylie for many years.

I can get alternate suggestions from some other friends. Should have something in a day or two.

Tex

Thanks Tex. Just let me know. I would like to book something in the next day or two. I am almost positive I am going to see my nephews play baseball so I thought I would get some fishing in too. They live right on Lake Norman.

Teri, I fish Norman pretty regularly, and right now fish are killing a fluke or floating worm in the mid section of the lake. (22 pounds won tourney last weekend.) Fish on lower end of the lake are in full blown spawn, and upper lake is still pre-spawn. The weather here has made it a bit of a killer in the last week or so. (85 degrees for about 2 weeks and now it's 45-55 degrees.) If you would like any information, just in case you can't find a good guide, let me know. Oh, and Quinn is no longer guiding, but there are a couple respectable guides around. If Tex doesn't come up with anything, I'll find something for you.

Jim

PS where abouts do they live? If nothing comes of the guide, I could at least give you an idea of where you are going, or best place to put in. Norman can be a bit overwhelming if you've never been there, though.

I would hire Jason Quinn. If you need some info I can get it to you.

Problem is that Jason has a crazy schedule, but I did ask him a couple months back if he was still guiding....he said he was.

Mac, hook her up with Hank Parker!

Mini

I posted on BBC and didn't get any responses. There are a few guides with websites but I don't really want to randomly select. Post any guides if you find them. Thanks!

Jim, I will have to ask the area they live. I know alot of the streets say Brawley Harbor and there is a sign at the entrance to the cove and I am thinking it was #9 but I could be wrong. I got lost on a jet ski on that lake so I didn't think it would be smart to drag the boat this time.

Maybe Jason is still guiding, but if he is, I was unaware of it. Hope all goes well on the trip, though. The spots are a blast.

Jim

Teri,

I got the following, which should be fairly reliable:

Name: Jason Quinn

Guide Service: Gold Hook Guide Service

Lakes: Lake Norman

Species: Largemouth Bass & Spotted Bass

Phone: 803-831-8921

Email: [email protected]

Rates: For 2 people: Half day - $200 (5-6 hrs); Full day - $300 (9-10 hrs)

Boat: I fish out of a new Super Pro 210 Procraft with a 225 hp Mercury Optimax. This boat has state of the art Lowrance Electronics.

Available: Available Monday thru Friday (no weekends) year round

Other Details: Valid SC/NC fishing license required. All equipment will be furnished. Can accommodate large groups-call for pricing. Please allow 2 weeks scheduling. Also guides on Lake Wylie

Name: Scott Turner

Guide Service: Just Fishin Guide Service

Species: Largemouth Bass & Smallmouth Bass

Phone: (704) 791-4210

Rates: Full Day - $225 for 2 people; Half Day - $125 for 2 people

Boat: *

Available: Year round

Other Details: *

Name: Eric Weir

Guide Service: Big E's Guide Service

Species: Largemouth Bass & Spotted Bass

Phone: 704-825-2827

Email:

Rates: $275 - Full Day, $155 - Half Day

Boat: 19 ft Ranger R-91 w/200 Merc

Available: Call for availability

Other Details: Specializing in Bass fishing on Lakes Wylie and Norman

And if you want to fish for stripers:

Name: Gus Gustafson

Guide Service: Lake Norman Ventures

Species: Striped Bass

Phone: (704) 489-0763 or (704) 617-6812

Rates: See website or call Gus for rates!

Boat: 21' Center Console or 25' Pontoon

Available: 7 days a week, year round

Other Details: Full day = 9 hrs; Half Day = 5 hrs. Gas, Ice, Bait, Tackle, Fishing Instructions and a Picture of your catch provided; Please have: NC Fishing License, appropriate clothing, food, drinks and a camera. Each person can keep up to four stripers/day - must be over 20 inches

Tex

I have a trip booked with Captain Troy Jackson. Someone recommended him on BBC. I will post how it goes. Thanks!

Back