Lake Martin - BFL regional - need help

• Thread starter Brian Ingersoll
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ingersoll

Reaction score
I have qualified for the BFL regional tournament on Lake Martin in Alabama. I have never been to the lake before and could use some help on narrowing things down. I will be going down there this weekend and the tournament is Oct 20-22. If anyone would be willing to give me any advice I would really appreciate it.

I'm looking for general info such as:

- areas of the lake to look at

- patterns for this time of the year

- forage base

- idea of successful baits/colors

I already have a good bit of info, but am looking for all I can get so I can put it all together and then decide how I want to attack the lake.

If you have any advice just E-mail me your phone number and I will call so we can talk.

P.S. I will be fishing there this Friday, Saturday, and part of the day Sunday. If my friend doesn't go with me, then I would be willing to make the back of my boat open to any of the members from the area.

I'm from the area but don't fish Lake Martin very much. Here is a link though, that has some great archived fishing reports. You are looking for Lake Martin, not Logan Martin, two different lakes.

Also, try and google search "Reed's Guide Service". He is an expert on that lake. Should have some good lake reports.

http://www.marksoutdoors.com/fish_reports/index.html

If you ever need any help on Lay Lake, let me know.

My friend won't be able to go so I'm by myself this weekend. If anyone is interested in fishing on Martin let me know before Friday and we can arrange it. I would like to meet some of the members and fishing is always more fun with someone.

Back