Lake Gaston

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Hayes

Reaction score
I am going to fish Lake Gaston for the first time next month, does anyone fish this lake enough to give me some pointers. I have purchased a GMCO's map of the lake and looking it over, I also have a hot spots chip in my Lowrance fishfinder. Any tips on good locations to fish would be much appriciated. I am only going to fish it one day and that is a lot of water to cover. Thanks

I will tell you that there are big fish in the lake. I have seen them and caught a few but finding them has never been easy. My dad and I have fished Pea Hill creek on and off for 8 years in spring time and have way more hours that fish in the boat.

I fished FlW in the spring last year. I blanked, the boater landed 1 nice 5# fish. We were throwing carolina rigged lizard in 30 feet on a point just inside of main lake at the southern end. He told me he likes throwing jigs way up under docks but that pattern never worked that day. Tournament was won mid-lake on jigs 19-20lb bag.

Thats all I got, I know it is not much. Good Luck

Bill Kyte

Tommy,

I would tell you some secret spots and techniques, but then Id have to KILL you.

I guess Ill just have to show you in Feb. But then again I dont have any secret spots or techniques so we are both SOL.

Mark

Latest posts

Back