Lake Erie Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
Went to Lake Erie last weekend for our annual Walleye trip. High winds out of the NE and high waves prevented Fri. trip.

Using a jerk bait at the break wall - two largemouth bass, four smallmouth bass and 16 sheepshead, this was inbetween heavy rain showers. Sat. 6 foot waves with 20 to 25 knot winds, Sun was a bit better until the front came back north. Not bad for the weather, figure the walleye was about $170.00 per pound after it was all over.

Had a great time, charter and cottage is booked for next year.

Shoulda' used crawler harness in gold or green and bottom bouncers...at least that's what my buddies and I are gettin' em' on:) I'll be going back around the 4th of July...hope they're bitin' then. Are you going back?

The jerk bit was at the break wall next to the cottage. The walleye that we caught were on single weight forward gold spinner. We started with Bakie special worm harness, but all were using and catching on Madum May Fly. Back up this Sunday, wife is out of town, 2 hour drive, might as well go.

That's exactly what evrybody is using this year. It's funny how the baits will change from year to year:)

Here's somethin' to try when you get some good chop and do a little drift fishin' and it gets tough.

Switch back to the ol' trusty Erie Deerie and whoop a few out and surpise your buddies! Also don't forget to use the same single spinner rig and try differnt weights on bottom bouncers. If you use the bouncers...fish a rod under the boat on the inside of the drift....works well but, noone knows why:) Good Luck!

There's walleye in erie??...who would have ever thunk it??? Guess I should put down that sonar once in a while and chuck a (insert what ever catched walleyes here)

Just kidding I sometime snag them...opps that steelhead.

Tee, you sound like you fish the way we do. We did get some nice Eye's, and allways have at least one line under the boat. Most that we caught were 27" to 30".

CQ

you are lucky to have caught anything last weekend.That NE wind turned the lake over and dropped the temps 15 to 20 degreese on thursday.A few days of warm south wind will warm it back up and get them feeding again.Should be getting back to normal by now.

Steve

Neighbor just got back from a charter...

Gave me 3 gallon zip-lock bags full of fillets!!!

He didn't want to "mess with them"...

Must have been 10 or 12 fish...

Only 1 looked to be over 4lbs, but...mmm mmm good!!!!

az

I'm back up Sunday.

Any of you guys that like to Walleye fish and eat Walleye, we frim up our trip next year around February.

Charter amd Cabin is booked.

Good Smallmouth fishing also.

Back