Lake Chickamauga

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerz

Reaction score
I know fishing success can be variable (boy do I really know that!) but our last couple of October trips to Chickamauga/Dayton TN have been extremely poor. This is supposed to be one of the best bass lakes in the country. I'd expect a bad day to general a little more action.

This October my son and I caught two bass each and only a handful of strikes in 3 1/2 days. The guys in the other boat only caught one and those fellows are what I'd call talented bass fishermen. We tried frogs, plastics, crank baits and punch fishing.
I should note that prior years were very good.

Now, October 2017 & 2018 could've just been bad timing on our part. Or has something changed? Just throwing this out for some general discussion.

Vic

Speaking for myself only, down here in Louisiana, October has had more slow fishing days than I like to remember! I fish all 12 months here regularly and it seems to me there is generally a lull in the transition from summer to fall.

I fish Chicamauga often, while it is a Great Lake, it’s being beat to death! Right now until June the parking lots are full. We get as much pressure as Guntersville but aren’t nearly as big a lake. The Chic is not an easy fishery, lots of fish on specific places. If you don’t find them it’s a tough lake to fish. October thru December has an enormous amount of tournaments geared at the frog bite. So even though you still see big fish being caught the pressure is starting to show.

Latest posts

Back