Lake Champlain 4-29-06

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Kurtzner

Reaction score
Got up to Champlain for the 1st time this year. We got there at 8:00 water temp at the 1st stop was 52 & nothing (it was the setback just north of the Ticonderoga ramp, water level was too low. Next went up to a rocky point & got 3 good smallmouth on a jerkbait. This is how the day worked out. The set back fishing that I usually look forward to was dead. Everything came on the main lake, water temp climed to 56 when we left at 5:30. Final numbers for the day were 50 fish, between myself, Dave & Mike 20 SM, 25 LM & the rest were pickerel & pike. I caught 30 of those, 25 on a jerkbait, 3 on a spinnerbait & 2 on a jig. This was the best day of SM fishing I've had on this end of the lake w/5 SM over 3 1/2 lbs & the rest over 2 lbs. Biggest fish was a 4 1/2 lb.SM that went for a jig. Also we caught 4 LM over 4 lbs 1 jig 3 jerbait. I think I'll be up again this coming weekend. I gave away a day of fishing at my daughters school for a charity event. I'm hoping the Spinnerbait turns on as fishing was a lttle tough this past weekend you really had to work the bait slow to get anything! BTW visability was 2 to 3ft most place over 4 ft in some spots.

Mark

Way to go on those fish. I am heading up there this week.I will be there from thurs afternoon till sunday and heading back home monday.I am fishing with a friend of mine that guides up there.I believe i will be fishing the northern end of lake.

Have a great time Pete! Let us know how you do when you get back.

Thanks

Paul

Back