Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Did anyone fish lake Anna today and did you get anything ? I could not buy a bite.

hutch,

where did you put in and where did you go and what did you throw. we did pretty good today, got on a good pattern early.

mike

Put in at Anna Point run to dike 1 threw senkos fished some main points and around some of the islands in the main lake. fished around 5 to 10 ft of water I always have a hard time with anna this time of year I need some schooling on fishing that lake in march.

do you have a tournament coming up or just fun fishing? We fished above sturgon creek all day, caught some decent fish, but what was odd was i had a couple of follows. the fish would just stay below and 3 ft behind the bait. weird. which just enforces my desire to stay away from clear water

I have a TX but fish there alot I did not get there till 9 due to stuff out of my control. I'm not a big fan of the clear water I always fish up north when the water warms up and I do good but I always have a TX in March and can't catch a dang thing. have any pointer on the south end ?

hutch,

I have not been down south yet this year, i know toxic,carlos and bill fish down there alot.

I have been sticking up north more and more with the water temps coming up. we saw as high at 54 yesterday above the splits. the water color is just about perfect. i will be going out next weekend for some more prefishing maybe we can get a big group togther since most people seem to have a tourny the following weekend.

mike

Hey fellas!

Had an ok day yesterday. Super clear downlake that is for sure. Water temps were from 58 to 51. Seems the water temps have really come up on the Rivers. Two weeks ago theywere 39.......

Prefishing again next weekend, for the TX on the 25th!!

A get together would be cool with me. let me know where and when. I like the north part as well I'll take stained water over clear any day I always have a hard time when you can see 8 feet down.

Sorry guys - Earliest I can do a Saturday or Sunday is the first of April with the new book coming out. Tied up for the next two weekends at the paginators and then the printers. We can do something for April Fool's Day if you want. Launch either hot or cold, I don't have a big preference. I will fish down lake in the clearer water, however. Anything below the splits is my favorite area.

Let me know when you want to get together. Oh by the way, I am going out for a few hours tomorrow morning (Monday) on the cold side and show you guys how to fish clear water. LOL You got spoiled on the hot side with all the fishies!

I'm getting there soon Bill, hot or cold, I don't care.:rolleyes: As soon as Doc's and wife tell me I can drive that far.

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - Bruce will bring you, I'm sure or maybe we can fish your neck of the woods and come see you!

Back