Ladder installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Barbieri

Reaction score
How hard is it to do besides drilling it and bolting it on? I have a 2001 Pro Deep V 17.

Thanks.

Kevin

Kevin,

Here is a picture of my platform ladder. Make sure you seal the bolts and screws so that no water gets into the transom or bilge.

I'll see if I can find the other picture I have of it.

david.....

ps- mine is a 2000 ProDeep 17.
2003_0804_SwimPlatform.jpg

Here is another picture of mine; I agree with pmgoffjr. Mine is thru bolted. Didn't think that it would hold if only screwed in.

david....
ladder.JPG

Here is picture of the ladder as offered in Overtons. I bought mine at BoatUS. It is pretty sturdy.

Go to Overton's and search for part number 26014 and pick the ladder.

david....
http://www.overtons.com
ladder 26014.jpg

Dave,

That's the same ladder I bought per your recommendation. (Just took me a while to get to it) haha. How do I do the sealing of the holes? Does it come with all the hardware to through bolt it on? thanks!

To seal the holes use a clear marine or waterproof type of silicone around the holes and cover the head of the nut after you install it. This should eliminate any leaking into your bilge area or your transom.

T.S.

Cookie Monster is correct.

I had to purchase stainless steel hardward that fit my application. I don't remember what size as I had the boat at BoatUS when I purchased the ladder and just sized up the hardware while there. Pick up a few nuts and washers just in case. I now have a little collection of SS nuts and bolts.

david....

Am I correct that this same type of precautions and general instructions go for a glass boat, also?

Been thinking I need to put some type of ladder on for emergency purposes.

Tex

Tex - Its glass, just drill, screw, glue and go!!! Worst case the gelcoat will crack, the glass liner will crank, ladder falls off, transom breaks and you go back to TIN!!! LOL

Yes of Grand Master Fishcatcher of NTOWS.

Keeping in the theme of everything needing an acronym, I guess yours is now:

GMF of NTOWS

which we could go any direction with!

And it will be bolts - not screws. Not all of us have that 'trim' chassis that you sport.

Tex

Tex - "'trim' chassis that you sport." in TOO many different ways!!! LOL

I'd wonder the same seriously on a glass boat, can you get thru the transom to the inside wall to thru bolt??

Should be able to, but it will likely be a LOOOONG bolt. I need to do some research as to where I can actually put one. There is all kinds of 'stuff' running back there.

Tex

I was thinking the same thing on LONG bolts. Wonder if the portable Hook type bass boat ladders might not be a better choice for you?

Really hard to get to the portable hook type ladders, when stowed and you are in the water!

I just need to take a close look at the 'glass, transom/etc., and make some decisions. Saw a nice ladder on a Nitro at BPS this weekend. Of course, it was designed in originally.

Tex

This is the ladder I'm considering. I don't think I want a back porch hanging off the transom. Has anybody tried one of these fold up ladders?

Harpo
ladder.jpg

Harpo - That's the one I have on mine (see picture below). Had it for 3 years, no problems just REMEMBER to fold it up BEFORE You take off, otherwise you hear a BAM as it folds itself up!
top%20side%20view.JPG

Trep,

Yeah, I like that better. Is your's the three step? It looks like it in the pic. I was thinking about the two step. (the ladder not the cowboy dance) What are your thoughts?

Harpo

Harpo - Mine is the 2 step same exact one in your picture, its a 2 step one. The only reason I with I had a 3rd step (one more closer to the top) is folks for the little ones who have to climb a bit to go that last few inches back into the boat.

Only suggestion i'd have is if POSSIBLE mount it farther out away from the motor. I had Tracker install mine, and i'm sure it was the easiest way to ensure thru bolting all 4 mounting places, but folks and kids OCCATIONALY grap the steering cablebar and get grease all over thier hands. I may look at a small grab bar to be mounted on the transom to help this if it happens again this summer.

Trep

Back