Ky Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACKIE MAJOR

Reaction score
For those of you who went to the rally.

I spoke to a couple of friends yesterday. They went to Ky Lake last weekend (in the rain)and caught around 50 crappie a day. I knew they had to start sometime. I guess we were just a week early. OH WELL!!! Maybe a later date will be the right move if its there again.

I'd say this weekend will be the one...they are definitely late this year and so is everything else. Here in Ohio they are just starting with water temps in the upper 50's. Should be good just about anywhere....:) Bout' time!

TEE

There are only 2 times the fishing is gauranteed to be good....Before you get there and after you leave

Well that WAS my luck for many years...now I just leave it open every time so I can go back the following week if it is nice. Dale Hollow used to get me every time but, now I just go back and clean up:)

I'm like you...I got tired of that scenario so I make my own.

If my son gets back in town we are supposed to go back to KY Lake tomorrow and Thursday. Calling for 15 - 25 mph winds again tomorrow though. We might just drive over to Barren River Lake instead and save the motel bill. Barren is only about 40 minutes away but I haven't fished it in so long I've forgotten where all the stake beds and stump rows are. Hutch

If you go, from what my friends told me the crappie are in the shallows. They were fishing what I call the buckberry bushes. Most of what they caught were white crappie. Good Luck!! Wish I had time to go.

Back