Knoxville

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Towse

Reaction score
I will be fishing in the Knoxville Tenn. area 3/28 through 3/31. Any one have any tips on what to fish and where. Never been to this area before so I am coming in blind. Love to flip and pitch the heavest cover I can find.

You may want to try www.fishin.com. They cover Tennessee lakes. I fished Tellico-Louden some years ago and though I can not remember specifics, I remember throwing a jerkbait around docks. Sorry I can't be more help, but maybe that'll get ya started.

Good Luck

SP
http://www.fishin.com

Dale, I live in West knoxville about 10 minutes from Fort Loudon Lake. I'm fishing a tournament there tomorrow.

Where will you be staying?

The only lakes with cover are Loudon, Tellico and Watts Bar. We don't have grass. The cover consists entirely of brush, trees and docks.

Let me know if I can help more.

Frank

Frank I will be staying at a cabin just out side Sevierville. Douglas is the closet but after driving 10 hours to get in the area I am open to other lakes in the area. Let me know how far a drive it would be to the lakes you listed that have cover. I was only going to bring 1 flipping stick but if they are not to far away I may need to bring more.

Good luck in your tournament there on Sat. If it has good

cover the timing should be about right for a big bag. Ice

still on all lakes in my area of Pa.

Any info on these lakes including Douglas will help. Let me know how you do Sat. Our first of the year is 4 weeks away if the ice is gone.

Dale, it was a tough day on Fort Loudon. I caught some fish but, no keepers. Most people had just 1 or 2 keepers. Three teams, out of thirty, had five fish limits with the best around 13 pounds. It was a weird weather day. It started cloudy with light rain showers. Then it turned bright and sunny. Then the wind started howling.

I tried a little bit of everthing, except crankbaits. Guess what all the keepers were caught with?

This is usually spinnerbait time on Loudon but, they wouldn't touch it this day.

I flipped for a couple of hours and didn't have the first bite. They dropped the lake about 6 inches and messed it up.

I caught a few small fish on a c-rigged lizard and that was all.

As for the lakes, Douglas is a good lake but, it's still about 25 feet below summer pool and flippin is out of the question. They've been catching some good fish on crankbaits and a few on spinnerbaits. If you like to crank go to Douglas.

If you just want to flip you will have to fish Loudon. The upper half of the lake is the place for flippin. Try the creeks from Louisville up to 4th creek. They're all good.

You can launch at Louisville Point. Be very careful there. The lake is still at winter pool and there are some wicked stump beds near the ramp. Pay attention to the marker buoys.

I hope this helps. I wish I could get together with ya but, those are work days for me.

Good luck.

Frank

Back