Kill Switch help?

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
There is not a kill switch lanyard on my new (used) Pro 17.

I have looked to no avail at local boating stores. Nothing seems to fit properly.

The controls are a Quicksilver 300 Series.

Does anyone know where I can get a lanyard hook up for this?

Thanks

I made one from a cord on a static wrist strap, a washer and a snap ring. Works fine. Just had to find the right size washer.

Quicksilver is by mercury -- look on their mercury parts express web site...

David

Bill,

I can get a lanyard at my local dealership. Try the Mercury Parts Express website and see if they can't point you to a dealership that carries them.

If you run into problems, let me know and I can get one here and ship it to you, or you can contact Craig at the Auburn Hills Bass Pro Shops parts department and he can ship one to you direct. He shipped me a hydraulic pedestal and seat!!

Thanks all! I'll give all of these a try. I got one at West Marine locally but it didn't fit. The toggle switch on the unit I have is very small. I figured I could just attach something that did fit on the lanyard. I have tried a myriad of washers but something round will not work, it must be elongated. I then tried a heavy duty paper clip but when the lanyard is pulled on it just slips out without disengaging the switch. It looks to me that I will have to locate the original part from Mercury or wrack my brain some more for something that will work.

I truly appreciate all the replies..

Bill

Ok! I looked on the West Marine web site that MoFish provided and noticed the lanyard shown was different than the one they sold me the other day. When I took back the wrong one I bought, the salesman remembered that there was another kind in a different place. He dug around a bit and found a Quicksilver lanyard that I had asked for in the first place. It fits and works fine. Thanks to all for your advice. I love this place:)

Bill

Back