Kevin Vandam 2005 Classic Red Nitro Hat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Palmer

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find the red Nitro hat that Kevin Vandam wore during the 2005 Bassmasters Classic on the final day? IF anyone knows, please leave me a reply! Thank you!

vandam-2005-classic.jpg

Well, I took a look at the Nitro gear at the Nitro site, and it isn't carried there. Seems that would be a great promotional cap to sell. NASCAR sure has it's champions /drivers caps for sale. I guess it depends on the old supply & demand system. You'd think that BPS would at least have a selection on their web catalog. :rolleyes:

The clothing worn in the Classic is usually made just for the anglers in the Classic.

Greg would know for sure.

Mini

Mini's right... The Team shirts and hats were for the Classic only...

Kb

Yea ask Greg. He will tell ya.......... He has a story to tell if he will share it?

BF:unsure:

OK I'm in....Now just for info those hats were shipped to us at the Classic and were designed to match the Jersys we were sent. Speciial is the word but as we have seen before I'm sure they will be out and avaiable soon enough.

That's OK because they are cool looking jerseys and everyone made positive comments about how good they looked.

Now what was that story Bruce? It didn't involve a train tressel with a giant "peace brother" painted on it did it?

Hi everyone. Excuse a dumb question here if I may. We don't have too many BASS tournaments here in IOWA. I thought someone on this board one time posted that the anglers had no choice in what they wore or used for a boat at the BASS Classic. I assumed that NITRO was not a supplier of boats or clothing either. It would appear that I am mistaken. Once BASS got too big for the common man I stopped watching it on TV so I am not in touch with the niceties of it outside of what I see on this board and a few other places. Could you all straighten me out on the clothes and boating requirements!

Well Ed,

I see if I can answer some of your questions, first of all B.A.S.S. doesn't have a dress code but they have just become more stringent in some rules about having other organizations logos on jersys, at least we can display our personal sponsors. You get to fish out of your boat until the last day cut and you have to wear a BASS patch when you cross the stage, that's about it.

At the Classic you have to run their equipment which is exactly the same as every other competitors, the BFL All American was the same too.

On the cut days of FLW events like the FLW Tour, EverStart, BFL they do not let you wear any logo that is not from one of their associated sponsors. So if you run a Nitro with a Merc and use Rayban sunglasses or...well you get the point. You will be asked to remove and/or cover the logo or forfiet you winnings.

As far as the Shirts and hats that were being talked about, it is simply that Nitro had custom hats and jerseys made for all of the Nitro and ProCraft team members that competed in the 2005 Classic, that's all.

And as far as ESPN being too big for the common man I have to say this...I am a common man and I have had a dream for a long time, my dream like many others was to fish on the BassMasters Tour and to compete in the BassMasters Classic. This year will be my second year to fish the Tour and dispite the comments of VP Don Rucks "gone are the days of the working fisherman" I will compete on the ELITE Tour and I will continue to work a 72 hour shift for the fire department. I know I will have to battle against the people that don't believe that I should use my vacation time to go fishing, but it's worth it.

I have made the commitment to do this with my own money and have no financial support except a little from Nitro Boats so I am more than willing to ride for the brand.

But don't worry Ed, my belief is; this country was created by, built by and faught for by the common man. Us working stiffs have to have a chance to live our dreams too. So don't turn BASS off, just hit the mute button from time to time and you will still enjoy the fishing part of the show.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wish you the best on your quest also.

Back