keelshield

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to get a keelshield, are they easy to install, or should if let a dealer do it, and what kind do you suguest. thanks in advance. Kevin

I put one on a few weeks back. Nothing to it. Just have someone help you line it up when putting it on. If you prep the hull right, the directions are VERY dead on. When you touch that guard to the hull, THAT'S where she stays! LOL Make sure you get it right. Other than that, it only took be a total of maybe an hour and a half to do it, perfectly according to directions.

I've applied one and it was pretty straight-forward. On my new boat, I had a Hamby's original installed.

Hamby's make a light-duty that you can self-install and one of the things I like about it is that it has a vee already molded in, where the Keelshield doesn't.

Make SURE you follow the temp requirements because the adhesive will fail if you don't have a warm enough environment during the install. Removing and replacing has to be a PAIN. I've never heard of Keelshield not replacing any request for replacement, so the warranty is good.

Sounds good to me thatswhat I'll go with the one with the vee. thanks mike

Back