keel protectors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Farnam

Reaction score
Any comments on different types of keel protectors?

Keelshield vs. Hamby

Any difficulty with owner installition?

any information would be greatly appericated

Hamby's all the way had them on my last two boats!!

I put the self instructed on my 700lx and it was great but you do need two folks to do it!!

Mark

Get as many responses as you can Jbird. Keelshield is a sponsor here and I'm sure you'll get some good advice.

Bill

Both the Hamby's and the Keelshield light duties are nearly the same product. If your looking for a light duty protector you can't go wrong with either one. Now if you want the extra protection of a Beaching bumber then you need the heavy duty Hamby's beaching bumber. Both light duty protectors are installed by you and the heavy duty needs to be done by a dealer......The Keelshield I know has a lifetime warranty and I think the Hamby's does too. I have a Keelshield and I love it.....

I put the KeelShield on my Nitro 882. I did the install myself and could not be more pleased with the result. An extra pair of hands would have been nice, but they weren't necesary. Everything you need comes in the kit except a little alcohol to clean with. Two thumbs up!!

The very best is the heavy duty Hamby's, but it is a dealer installed only product, and that's for a reason.

The do it yourself keelshield/light duty hamby's are both good, but if you vary or shortcut installation directions, they'll fail.

I did the light duty Hamby's. I called in a question that was answered by Roger, he called back a few days later to make sure it was alright.

Back