Keel Protector loose

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herndonpro

Reaction score
The keel protector is coming loose on my boat, it was on the boat when I bought so not sure what brand, all though I know it is not a Keelshield, as that is what I had on my last boat and it is not the same. This one has a gray adhesive strip that was applied first and the protector is applied to it. Anyway it is coming loose at one end and not sure what is the best way to reattach. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Steve - I would use six inch deck screws about two inches apart. LOL

Hey Steven, I had one come loose,only after three months, and took it back to the dealer and they reglued it and in two months it was comming loose again. I tried to do it myself, but it failed again. I ripped the whole thing off and had a Hamby installed and it has been on for three years now and it looks good as new. Good luck, later<>< <>< <>< Jack

Don't listen to Bill, 1 1/2 screws will work fine. :lol: Or just go with my favorite, duct tape. If it can hold a fender on at 200 MPH it should work for a keel protector. Sounds like a remove re-install/replace is the best option.

Gene

Steve,

Email me and I'll put you in touch with someone who can give you the rememdy. It is probably a Tech 5 or Megaware (Keel Guard).

TOXIC

Steve,

Sue from Keel shield can help, I would bet it's a Tech 5 as Toxic said, I may have some news you may not like, but depending on if and how long water was getting behind the keel protector you may have osmosis blisters, you will need to repair them if you have them. If you don't have blisters behind the protector great!!!.

I can help give you some advice if you do, please email if I can help as I can not access this website from work and find it hard to find time at night to log in and say hello.

CJL

Latest posts

Back