Keel Guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
I purchased and installed per the maufacturers recommendations a keel guard for my nx 882. I opted for the 7' long guard which was one size larger than they recommended. Everything installed very nicely without issues until I went to remount the spare tire. When I tried to put it back in it's little carrier near the bow, the tire actually hit the new keel guard. I tried to slide the tire forward, but it wouldn't go anymore forward. I don't know if it will hurt anything, but it just didn't look right.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bryan

You may have to buy an aftermarket bracket/hanging kit and move the spare to the side frame rail. Just a thought...

Shoot man...I think that's the only way to fly. You can get a good mount for about $49 or $59(can't remember) and looks good and your spare is right there where ya' need it. I've seen too many guys damage their spares that way.

TEE

Is your boat too far up on the trailer? Can you adjust the bow roller so the boat doesn't go up as far and not be hanging off the rear of the trailer? Just a thought, because your tire is not actually under the bottom is it? it is in the curve, right?

Sounds like he got the super heavy duty 3" thick Keel Gaurd!

:)

on my 882 the boat comes in less then an inch from the tire. mabye you can bend the mount a bit and see if you can get the tire a little lower?

never really paid much attention how close the tire was before i put the keel guard on. i know it didn't touch the keel, but obviously it was pretty close. i don't really want to mount the tire on the side of the trailer. it doesn't match! it is an ugly white rim that would look pretty tacky against the chrome wheels on the trailer. i am in agreement with jim, i think i am going to try and bend the bracket down some so it doesn't hit. if that doesn't work, i will do something different until i fix it.

thanks,

bryan

Paint the white rim silver,....I've seen "chrome paint" in stores too....just a thought.

That's already happened!!! Drew a panel a few years ago with 1 bass looking at his buddy who was wearing the "Groucho" disguise,....the caption said,.."I wish you'd quite messing with the people in the glass bottom tour boats!"...(I think that was in '88-89 when I drew that,...just trying to stay ahead of you Tox!!..LOL)

Jeeeeze Mac, Just goes to show you the gap between your creative flow and mine!! LOL I've got a lot of catching up to do.

TOXIC

naw,...you're fine,...I just can't sell the things that are spawned from your creative mind!!,.....But it doesn't mean I don't think of them too!! ahahaah.....

Funny you use the word spawned and mind in the same sentence... Makes it better that he spawns things from his mind vice the nether regions!!!!!!

Carlos <---- feeling funny today HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I wasn't even going to go there Carlos,..LOL!!! Toxic will occasionally "spawn" a good idea or two....butt he can and will ALWAYS "excrete" toxicity!!! ahahah...he's a man's man and an air-freshner's worst nightmare!!

Hey Mac - So when are you going to come out with a "Scales and Tales" cartoon book!!! I'd BUY IT IN A HEART BEAT!! Love to put one next to my Gary Larson, Berke Breathed and the Calvin/Hobbs table books!

come on, just send ALL of your old drawings (from the first thru say end of 2002) to your publisher and WOOSH there they go off the BPS shelves!

I'm SERIOUS! You get your stuff in too many magazines that I don't get and your web stuff is great but i WANT it ALL!!! ARRGGGHHH i'm HOOKED!!! pun intented!!! LOL

It'll be $29.95 to join the Big Dog fan club and I will see if I can get you a couple of signed pics and..................

SOME SHIRTS!!!!...BWWWWWAAAAAAAAA.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back