Kathy question

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Kathy,

I have an 01 896. I have a cracked accessory bucket in the back. How much do those puppies go for? Can you let me know?

Carlos

Too funny Jr, do not forget safety wire too :) I work wonders with a pair of safety wires pliers, .32 safety wire and a bit o duct tape :)

Carlos

JR - The duct tape has to be camo, though! Maybe CIII can put a ghillie suit over it and you'll never see the crack. LOL

Bill

Carlos,

Can you email me your serial #? It's alot easier to make sure I have the right part # that way.

K

Carlos,

Gime a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix anything.....

T.S.

BTW- When do you want me to come put it back in for you? LOL

If i remember correctly its in the neighborhood of 100 bones. I just duct taped mine together, never had an issue again. I did buy one for my other Nitro and it was a lot thicker, and more durable than the original one.

Carlos, they will just keep breaking. I love the molded, built in fiberglass ones that Ranger makes, however, they do make it difficult to get to access wiring since they aren't removable. Just a thought, but use that broken one as a mold to make your own out of reinforced fiberglass, with the lip. But it will be a removable one. So you have the strength and rigidity of fiberglass, but it will also allow you to remove it and access the area underneath. I was toying with that thought before. Just an idea. Thin wall aluminum is another option.

If you do fiberglass you will also have to think about the weight issue.

T.S.

thansk for the suggestons ya'all. I am back in town. Will send the Serial Number just to see....if it is that much i think that the duct tape is sounding might nice!!

Carlos

Kathy,

Serial number is: BUJ80311A001

I am TAD next week. So, my reply may be delayed.

Thanks again

Carlos

Thanx for bumping that, I just sent the request for part #, should have a response by tomorrow morning,

K

wow got that response quick, the price on that is $59.88 and the computer says another store has a couple in stock, which means I can get it here by mid next week if you want it.

K

kathy,

I missed this post from you. Thanks for the quick response.

Should I email you the credit card info or call?

Carlos

Hey Carlos, Kathy said you can e-mail it to her if you're comfortable with that.

Back