just joined the tracker family!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis swift

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm so excited. this could be long but, i'm pumped so here goes. I bought my first used tracker last night. it was so nice to sell my bass boat and buy a smaller boat. I bought a 1988 tournament V. When I got there the outside was alittle scratched and dinged but, i dind't really care, I figure that just means that your fishing where the fish are. Well the inside was spotless! I though he had put new carpet in the boat. NOPE. Original! and the seats were original and didn't even have a mark, they looked like they had been in the boat for only a week, they were so clean. It's got a 60hp Mercury that ran great and was clean as ever, it's got power tilt and trim and all the goodies. This guy just bough a new Targa last year but, this boat was garage kept since the day it was bought and it showed. Everything and I mean everything worked awesome on the boat! I'm pumped big time. Does anyone out there have one of these older tournament V's? just wondering how they liked them? There was one spot on the floor of the boat, between the rod locker and the drivers panel that will probably have to be replaces soon. It was only about 2 feet by 2 feet and i knew it when i bought it. Anyone ever replaced something like that?

thanks for listening! i'm so excited!

Travis

Travis - Welcome dude to the Nitro/Tracker family, one more for Tin (since I left they'll let ya in the Tin club!!!!).

Sounds like a sweet boat and a great deal.

Now we need PICTURES!!

i'll take pictures tonight. it ain't pretty from the outside, but she's mine and i love her!

travis

Travis - I forgot, old age, what did you sell and why (out of curiosity) if you went from a 'glass to Tin?

Trep,

I had a 1981 Cajun with a 150 merc. I sold it for a couple of reasons, one it wouldn't fit in my garage and there was no way to keep it at my home and the second reason is, I went from a Z-71 pickup to a ford ranger, so I couldn't pull it. I was just looking for something simple to fish out of, simple to pull and maintain. I think i've found that and i'm really, really excited about it. Plus it will fit in my garage so I can set in the boat every night and tinker with it and my tackle.

travis

Welcome, I'm a glass man but there is still hope for me I hope.:D

Jeff from Ky

It came with a 12 volt 50lb thrust trollin' motor. I've got and older but, good 24 volt trollin motor in my garage. you guys think the 12 volt will do a good enough job or do you think I should put the big dog on?

travis

Travis,

I replaced the floor in my 88' last year. Shoot me an email if you have any questions or need some advise.

Put the big dawg on, you wont regret it. I went bigger on my boat but didn't go big enough.

If you got the power..........use it :D

Wolf

Congrats Travis.

Already pre-scratched...now you can relax and fish instead of worrying about not putting the first scratch or ding on it.

Steve

Congrads, I joined the club in Jan. this year and everybody is great. Don't wory about the scratches and have fun.

Back