Just got back from Canada and Gurney Bass Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heine

Reaction score
Canada was awesome ! The muskie have never been better. I got 5 good fish in the 35 inch -45 inch range the second day. They wanted the big jerkbaits in the walleye patterns. They also ate the red rattle traps we were using for the walleye and the smallies. I also got a nice lake trout up in whitefish bay. Bass Pro in Gurney was sort of a disappointment, the staff there were not on the up and up and I would have thought. Good deals on the Team Daiwa lures though, $9.99 and some great deals on the saltwater rapalas, $2.50. Lake of the Woods never ceases to amaze me though. The water level was 8 feet low this year and alot of the reefs were high and dry. But what made it worse was the ones that were still just under the surface. We marked them all on the GPS and many people had marked the ones just under the water with milk jugs. The local guides were cutting the lines with the jugs to stop people from finding the good spots - what jerks. We saw alot of greenhorns out on the water in their new Lunds without a map and with a GPS unit they did not know how to use. And we saw some of them sitting on top of reefs too. 21 1/2 dead deer we counted on the way up from chicago and 13 3/4 dead deer we counted on the way back down. All in all a good trip.

How do you get 1/2 a dead deer? Thought dead was like being pregnant...you either are or you aren't!!

Back