Just found this article about Tracker Marine...

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.findarticles.com/p/arti
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes... It was a Mako manufactured by Tracker Marine but that is not really what got congress interested. As stated in the article, Congressional interest began even before that family bought their Mako.

"Two years ago, just as the Louisiana family was buying its Mako 282, members of Congress began to take an interest in boat defects, after hearing poignant testimony from the parents of children who died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning due to the exhaust design on certain houseboats.

Hearings on the CO deaths coincided with the Firestone tire scandal involving defective tires, vehicle rollovers and corporate records documenting hundreds of accidents. On the heels of the subsequent recall of hundreds of thousands of Firestone tires, BoatU.S. published an article ("Could Firestone Fiasco Happen In Boating?", BoatU.S. Magazine, January 2001) comparing the recall statutes for automobiles and boats."

Tracker was an a$$ about taking care of that boat but that's nothing new and I'm sure I don't blame them after it was found out that it was a fourth owner boat and not new and all of the paperwork that was changed and forged. The dealer and the person who worked for them are the ones that should be prosecuted. By some of the Tracker complaints I have seen here lately (not meaning you Greg) Tracker is just supposed to fix any ten year old boat that has been sold five times and that has run aground a number of times and across a rock field and busted the rivets or welds loose in which case the owner swears it hasn't even been out of the garage and that darn Tracker Marine won't fix it. Ok, that part of my rant is over.

Uncle Billy

Back