Jumping Carp??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
On ESPN yesterday they mentioned something about some sort of Carp that has migrated into the Mississippi River that has become a hazard for boaters because they try to jump into boats as they go by. WHAAAAAAT??? I never heard of such a thing...have any of you? Maybe we could cross these jumping Carp with Largemouths...might change the whole face of Bass fishing.

Harpo

Usually when I go fishing the bass know they're doomed and just go ahead and jump in the boat! Hutch

It's true. There was a good write-up about it in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, but I tossed it. The reporter almost got nailed by one, the boat driver did.

Strange stuff....you see you shouldnt mess with Mother Nature....

BTW the boat is a TRACKER!

Mini

Unreal. I don't have audio at work, but it was a hoot. That would tend to scare the hell out of you if you weren't prepared.

Tex

Hmmmmm

I'm thinking there's a new sport here waiting to be discovered...

Take your favorite side arm out on the river with you (or, if you really want to be sporting, you bow)...when they jump, SHOOT 'EM!!!

az

Great idea Andy! Run up and down the river with a 12-ga. yelling "PULL!"

The BIG Problem is that these carp eat vegation. They are trying to keep them out of the Great Lakes, but I think they they are losing.

It is the vibration from the motor that make them jump.

Start running seaweed with hooks.

Back