Jimmy Houston

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Peterson

Reaction score
I saw this on another board and thought I would share....

It is a hunting preserve that was busted for some illegal activities and it sounds like Jimmy's big buck he claimed to shoot was done at this preserve. There are claims of drugging deer, baiting and hunting them in a 3-6 acre pen with employees pushing the deer towards the hunter and camera man and claiming it was a wild hunt.

You can see the footage here....

http://www.real-hunters.com/bellar-trial-video.cfm

This is an internet runmor. Yes Jimmy shot the deer, Yes it was at the ranch. No Jimmy didnt know about the practices of the ranch. NO Jimmy does not charge for his autograph. He stays and signs EVERYONES.

Just go see the man yourself. Ask anything you want to him, he is a very personable guy. A true gentleman.

Mini

Yeah...what Mini said.

On top of that, he testified for the prosecution in the case against Bellar.

I had the opportunity to sit down and have lunch with Jimmy when the BASS had their last tournament here in Michigan a few years back and I can say he did not charge for his autograph even while we where eating people were rude enough to expect an autograph while the man tried to eat. I wanted to say something but he said it
http://www.fishingpixels.com

"On top of that, he testified for the prosecution in the case against Bellar"

It's my understanding, unconfirmed, that NO client was prosectuted as long as they testified against Bellar.

Anyone really interested should go to: http://jimmyhouston.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=c8e6a52d260cba060eb4140953ffe075&board=1.0,

Jimmy's own website

and

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=88160&page=1

BassBoatCentral

and

Watch the whole video

http://www.real-hunters.com/bellar-trial-video.cfm

Do all of that and then make up your mind. I don't know Jimmy Houston personally but I'm convinced he knew what was going on at the ranch. Eveyone else that "hunted" there did. Stories that came out said the fenced in area was 1200 acres though the places own web site says 3 to 6. On one of those other sites someone shows actual State papers that show a couple of other hunting violations (out of season and no permit) and fishing out of season (taping one of his shows).

I'm going back and read some more but his apology certainly didn't change my mind.

I kinda' like Jimmy and I don't ever think the man would ever do anything that would be questionable knowingly...hehehhe:lol:

I have had plenty of interface with Jimmy over the years and I can say that if he knew what he was doing (which, if you deer hunt in Texas, it isn't that much of a departure from the norm IMO), it is totally inconsistent with him going out of his way on multiple occasions to help people out and let people in front of him to a fishing spot in tournaments.

If that is true, it is out of character, and I am willing to forgive.

The entertaining/public personna of these guys is usually a lot different that the real personna, remember he is an actor on his show. Having said that, I have no oppinion since I have not seen the video or any other evidence one way or the other. IMHO

jdj

Sorry Mini,Ken but after looking at the vidio several times I have to disagree. I'm not judging Jimmy But he's obviously up against the fence himself inside a pen. A pen that is not that big. You can see how un-natural they are acting at times walking the fence line. turning and doing a 180*when the re up against the fence. Look at the ground you can see the ground debre built up at the base of the fence.

That's one of the reasons I got rid of OLN because there were just to many deer "hunting" shows on that you just know are not real. I needed to give myself a break, since they weren't . Ted Nugent would be apauld .

I believe Jimmy was probably just doing his show and wasn't told the entire truth by the producers. After all it was made for TV ! I'm sure under the same circumstance I might do the same thing, especially if I got that mount for free.

After all let's face it a mount like that is a once in a life time if even then. I believe Jimmy is still a good,honorable and descent man.

Respectfully,

Mark

Ted Nugent has a fenced in game farm here in Michigan.....

Jimmy didn't drug any deer, nor did he shoot a drugged deer.

The venison was confiscated and tested by wildlife officials.

There is no doubt that Bellar is running a screwed up operation....that is a given.

We don't know if the meat tested was from the same deer. It wasn't confiscated either I don't think. What I thought was, Jimmy gave it to them to test from his own freezer when he was asked and that it had the date of the hunt (or close to it) on it. The officials then asked him about the other meat in the freezer and he gave that to them too. That makes him look good in my opinion but we still don't know exactly what meat was tested.

I don't think anyone has said Jimmy drugged a deer but it is more than likely that he killed one drugged by Bellar or one of his people.

Personally I think Jimmy knew all about this as did a lot of other "celebrities" that hunted there, and I use the term hunted loosely. Brooke and Dunn and Dale Earnhardt are only two of the names mentioned. There were more but I can't remember them. Jimmy Houston has been a noted outdoorsman and hunter for a lot of years. He HAD to kow something was wrong with this.

IF Jimmy did know about this he should be ashamed of himself. As for Bellar, they should take him out and hang him.

I find this whole situation pretty depressing for both the animals involved and how this really cheapens the outdoor industry, particularly the tv shows. It certainly taints the attraction of the outdoors shows.

Back