Jim B help on redoing actuator

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Bennett

Reaction score
Jim or anyone else who has done this I was wondering if you could help me out. I need to pull my trailer actuator and also replace the rubber brake line going into it. Was wondering if you could help me out how to remove the unit, the rubber line has a fitting but it is up inside the tube of the trailer. Thanks for any info. Craig

Craig, It is kind of a pain to get apart, ill try explain below.

on my trailer i have the swing away tounge. What i did to get to the firring was swing the tounge to the side. Then i removed all the clips that hold the brake line to the side of the trailer and the bracket that holds at just above the axle. From there i straighted the line out where it bends and goes into the tounge, i had to be very careful when doing that so i didnt kink or break it. then i pushed the hard line up into the tounge until i could get to the fitting. Once i got that apart i just removed the one bolt that holds the swing away on and removed the whole thing as a unit to service it.I hope this helps, i sent you an email too with my cell number if you need to give me a call and i can try to explain better.

Back